Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Skip ...Rolling, Rolling On The River

I am taking a short journey down Memory Lane when we lived at Shenandoah Ski and Hunt Resort near Bayse, Virginia.  Skip wanted to show me that he could use a raft on the river (Shenandoah River) and he bought a very nice one.  We were standing by the river and Skip put it in the water and asked me to come along and I said 'oh, no'!  He floated along a little ways looking up the bank at me talking... I was looking at him and noticed something unusual.  I didn't say anything at first because I am not a boat or raft person at all... I did finally mention to Skip as he was talking that the raft looked to me as if it was filling with water!  He looked down and ... the raft began to sink!!!  It's awful I know, but, I began laughing so hard that I couldn't stand up and just sat down hugging my stomach laughing so much... it hurt so bad to laugh that hard.  I'm so thankful Skip made it out of that raft and onto the bank.... he had the raft with him...it had a hole in it!  I have another memory on Shenandoah River.....  Skip drove me into the river!

No comments:

Post a Comment