Friday, November 11, 2011

Tommy's Sunshine Smile.....and just a few memories

I am sitting here looking at the spot of golden sunshine on my table in my artroom.  For some reason it makes me think of my son who died May 29, 2010.  Tommy was 'golden'... his hair was golden blonde and his eyes were blue-green depending on what he wore, he was a tall, handsome guy with a smile that was like the sunshine shining on a cloudy day... it warmed one's heart to the core to have it bestowed on them.  The twinkle in his eyes was something to see, too.... one knew he was going to be so mischievious and you might become the one the joke was on!  It was never in a way to hurt and always funny.  I miss my son.... the way the sun is shining this evening made me think of him.

Tommy had a laugh that he did sometimes that would just tickle me to no end.  When he'd do it for me I would laugh until I hurt inside.  It was his Cowardly Lion laugh.... that would begin very slowly and it'd build up until he would become so tickled at himself... we both would laugh until we cried. 

Every day I think of my son and my heart misses him.  I still can't believe he's gone and I can't describe the feeling that overwhelms me when I think he really is.  Skip and I both talk about him all the time and like me, Skip says a day never goes by without him thinking of Tommy.  They were very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment