Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Musical Colors and Moods.......Let's See What I Imagine

At the moment I am playing light classical music... it makes my spirit soar upwards ..upwards... and then comes a puppy named Kissy who is the live wire in our home.  He wants me to play with him and love him.. he is a happy puppy.  He can dance!!!  He's a 'dancing' puppy!

Chadwick, our 3 year old pup is outside the petdoor.... with his pink nose pushing the 'flap' open ...just enough to peep in to see what's going on.  He does this from the inside of the house...peeping out.  He loves to know what is going on around him... he and I have alot in common!  I really don't want to miss a thing!  He sees his 'mommy' and his 'brother' dancing, being so light of heart!

Now... it's time to go to more music that will be 'just right' to...write by.  Let's see what it'll be as I change it on the menu.  The Light Classical music's color to me is blue and white...high in the sky!  Fun!

I just changed to Zen music......... my feelings and colors as I'm listening to this particular music is.....I am in a jungle hearing voices in the background and seeing tall, luscious dark green plants... as I walk in my fantasy I am moving to the music and my fingers on the keyboard...are moving in rhythm with the music... like playing a piano.  I am moving side to side and my head is bobbing up and down... I'm a bird, I think...... no, I'm a serpent moving, gyrating into the air......... the music just changed to ..another song.  Let's see what I will imagine now....

I'm not liking this particular beat ...it's too slow.. so, it's time to change.  After all, my goal here is to 'see' ....what I will feel and imagine in my mind......... with the music 'making colors' for me.

This particular music is 'black' and... I don't like dark, scary colors.. it sounds scary.. how can one relax to this kind of music and...it's Zen!

I am changing now........... I'm rocking now!  I have selected Old School Funk!  He's singing 'I want to strut my thang'... the words leave something to be desired!  But.... the beat has 'got a hold on me'!  Yes,
I'm definitely 'grooving' ...now!  Let's see what I can imagine ....I'm a 'hot mama'!!!

My shoulders are beginning to moving... moving slowly at first not 'giving away my best moves..yet!'  I walk slowly moving parts of my body ..naturally.  My high heels are red, my black skirt is mid-ankle with a slit up the side...my beautiful blouse is a shimmering.... white!  My hair hangs loose and is long and curly... and it moves with me as I dance............  moving slowly but, in a way to keep time with that music......... now.. alittle faster.. I begin to turn and sway my hips at the same time with my feet caressing the hardwood floor......... oh, the feelings are wonderful.... I close my eyes and begin to gradually ...move into my...best moves!  The colors... well, they are really hot-red colors, powerful colors, in fact ... for another time.

It is time to change moods... by selecting another song...............  let's see what I can imagine 'next'.......
I selected something called 'Ink'd'.......... no offense ..I don't like it at all.. let's see what I'm ..feeling listening to it.......... uptight, stressed-out..... and mean!  I'm changing the music!  'I'm gonna get a tattoo and let them tattoo where it hurts the worse.. my eyelids!  And ..I'm not going to cry!'  This is the only description I can give of this particular music I'm hearing.  Uptight, stressed-out and mean enough to bear the pain of getting 'ink'd' in my most sensitive area!  'Mean Mama'!

I'm closing my eyes.. this is a soft song that 'feels' sad yet, bittersweet... I'm not sure of what the song is about but, it's 'bad'...............Hotel California by the Eagles.  It feels haunted and like one is running, running to get away and I can imagine frantically moving my head side to side looking all around me ...to not be seen for some reason!  Time to go ..from here!  This was on Classic Rock.

I've selected 'Hallelujah'........... the voice singing 'if we can learn to love one another' sounds like the accent in the North Carolina mountains...... an accent that is 'home' to me.  This accent is alittle too... southern ..for me..yet, it's familiar as I have a 'southern' accent.  Maybe that's 'why' I don't like it... don't we dislike things in others ..that we don't like in ourselves?  I've always heard that.  The words are wise, the words if heeded would...make all the difference in the world... the music isn't as 'happy-
sounding' as I'd like... so, the colors are sort of.. pale.

Beautiful Instrumentals.......... now, I love this sound... it makes me smile softly and imagine sitting in a big, beautiful old home filled with oil-polished furniture........ big, over-sized, heavy furniture that will last through a lifetime into more generations.  I feel....... so extra-happy in my heart for some reason... could it be that...Skip is finally coming home from a long trip or something... and I'm so excited that I will finally see him.  The door opens suddenly and in the light that surrounds him through the open door... stands.. Skip!  My eyes haven't seen him for .....say 3 days! and ...............I get up from my beautiful, upholstered chair and.. run to him... calling his name....Skip!  Skip!  Skip!  My eyes have tears of ..such love... in them and my smile is so bright... as bright as the sunshine and... my body feels as if in slow motion and I'm ...running...running ...my long skirt swirling all around, my feet barely touching the floor.... until....... I'm in his arms...........again............the colors are pastel colors of the softest pinks, blues, and yellows swirling around in ...pure happiness.

Modern Country... something about a 'country cutie'!  Uh----oh!  Short-shorts and high-heeled blue suede boots, and a white shimmering-sequin blouse ...and blue suede cowgirl hat (I used to have such!).... a country cutie strutting into the bar looking ...for trouble.  Trouble ..she found.  She begins to dance to the music looking around to choose 'the one' for her......... she danced and flirted with her green eyes 'knowing
tonight was hers'.........until............ the colors are electric pink and ... powerful red!  Time to go..!

Blue Grass... 'is that a door?'.....'don't let it hit you, darling!'  I hear this as I begin to listen to this type of music..... the only way I can describe 'blue grass' music is that I can like it until it gets 'too' blue grass.... it sort of agitates me at times...... I have to sneak up on it and listen a little at a time.  It's like seeing something 'ugly'................. the more you are around it... it 'could become'..... special and familiar and 'grow on one'.....................  for now.... I don't have the time for it.... not at all!  For the time-being I'm feeling like.........I need a drink of Wild Turkey or even Canadian Mist because for now...listening to this ... it doesn't matter if I have the 'good stuff...the more refined liquors'.. because for now.......I want ..out of this... I'm not getting nowhere in ...my imagination excepting for 'drunk'.. and I ........................don't even drink, not at all.  But..I might ..if someone holds me ..here.. with this music for much longer.............

'Life Turned Her That Way'..................'she's been walked on and stepped on so many times'... these are the words I hear at the moment..................... I know I'm going out right this minute and... get drunk and have 'lots of tears in my..........beer'.  So ..'don't blame her..life turned 'me' ...that way!  I've got to..go from here!

But... first.. a cowboy song came on following this song!!!  'Don't Take Your Guns To Town' by Johnny Cash......... I'm so depressed I don't know what to do.... it's a good thing I'm not the drinking kind.................and have to listen to this song all day.  The colors are black...so, is my mood at this moment!  :))))  These are not 'my colors' ..at all!

70's Hits.................  I think of Skip.... he loves these old songs.. and I admit.. I do too, alot of the times.  Some are right fun to listen to... and they have many colors!  Anything to do with what Skip likes... I like most of the time though, sometimes we can like something the other doesn't particularly like.. it's rare, though.  'Until the sun comes up!'... are the words I just heard... Yes, for the moment... golden-yellow colors.

Malt Shop Oldies...............'Santa Baby'.... now... one can imagine all kinds of thing with the feminine and sexy voice singing 'won't you hurry down my chimney tonight!'  'Santa Cutie, hurry down the chimney tonight... come trim my tree.....'  'Santa Baby, I forgot to mention one little thing'....  I am just smiling...smirking... and thinking.... this song is 'too' ............red-colored ..for this moment!  Got to go on to another....

Uh-oh!  I have to wait a moment....here's a song that my best friend, Ms Nancy and I used to dance to!  'Cool Jerk'!!! We thought we were something else dancing to the rhythm of the rock songs we played.. we were each 'lost' in our own world of just wanting to dance.. something we loved to do.  We had the rhythm... we felt wonderful... and there was nothing as happy as that feeling as little girls ... we moved to the groove!  Little girls moving and grooving to the music.... we both still like to dance to this day.... gosh... I'm not as agile as 'I used to be'.... I could get hurt doing that!  :))  I remember being pretty good doing the Limbo... going down backwards under the pole as it was being lowered.  Now.... I would just simply fall backwards before I even got under it... .... and I know it would hurt! Cool Jerk!  Happy, fun colors full of sunshine and good memories! 

 I'm sitting here moving around in my desk chair... head moving ..mouth poked out in a 'pouty' way.... my fingers flying on this keyboard in the rhythm of the music... uh-oh.....  I had to 'cool-jerk' until I 'cool-jerked' as long as I needed to!   Cool Jerk!  I'm still.... 'cool jerking' to the music until... uh-oh!  That Kissy just came along and wants to dance ... it broke my spell and made me see how silly I've been being... I'm sitting here with a sheepish grin on my face.... I know no one can see me.. but, I ..look around anyway.......... oh, there's Chadwick!  It's okay.... Kissy and Chadwick will keep my secret!  Happy, fun colors of red-hot, and strong greens and yellow and orange!  I want to rock now... got to find some more happy-colored music!  These are some of my 'hidden colors'.. good, fun, and happy colors!  Special!

Holidays And Happenings...........  Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer...... this instrumental is alittle 'too Rudolphy' ...for me.  I love traditional Christmas songs... I love change...but, I prefer the happy songs of an...unhappy childhood.

I can't change the music ..yet!  I hear the song that I'd never heard until the other day!  Skip was saying he liked that song and my ears perked up to listen.... 'It's A Marshmallow World' ..with marshmallow clouds!  I love this song now...it's the colors of  happy sky-blue and white and...fluffiness!  I love this song also, because ...Skip loves it.  It became 'important' to me as the songs I like.. are important to him. 

Old School Funk...this is what I came back to because... here I am ...moving to the music in my desk chair to Bon Bon Vie!  'Sometimes I feel like I don't really give a damn'.. are the words I just heard and ..I thought that... sometimes I don't either!  But............. do you know.... I really...do!

It's time to quit playing now.... I can't wait for Skip to read this!  He suspects I have 'hidden colors', ha!  These are some of them... and that's okay.... my colors are good colors and I..... run from bad colors!   Ms Nancy, stop for a moment and remember dancing as the little girl you were... and I was... it was such fun in the world I was in... I got to forget for a time my troubles and you never knew... because you saw me at ...my happiest!  I love you, my best friend.  Ms Nancy... you are quite a character... and you are just such fun!  I'll begin my day now.... in a happy mood!  :)))

1 comment:

  1. I remember dancing to the songs too! We did forget about everything else for a short time didn't we? It was nice too! My best frend has come back and I have someone to talk to again! Yes there are many colors and I look forward to reading about them each day! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete