Wednesday, January 25, 2012

GOLDEN SHOWER AT MIDNIGHT... YES, HE DID THAT!


GOLDEN SHOWER AT MIDNIGHT... YES, HE DID THAT!


BY GLORIA FAYE BROWN BATES


I was driving from the North Carolina mountains down to Raleigh, NC to see my mother. Tommy was sitting in the front seat chattering away. He was a precious little boy of eight. He was looking forward to seeing his uncles, Rick-Rick and David. They weren't much older than Tommy.

I was looking forward to seeing my mom, not only that... I loved driving for three hours 'going somewhere'! I drove too fast, I was always driving too fast. I hurried to get to places when I didn't need to. I wanted to be 'there', to know I was where I was supposed to be... when the time for being there... came.

My mom didn't drive fast, but, she was an early bird... I had taken that after her. We always had to be early and in place before things began.

I was enjoying driving and riding with the big trucks. I could get between them and make time. I never once thought of the dangers of doing that as that young woman. Young people never know how they take their life in their hands... there's no way they know... until something happens. Hopefully nothing bad... when it does.

We drove up in mom's driveway. Her husband had built her the dream house she'd always wanted. It was a very pretty 3 bedroom brick house. I loved the windows... there were lots of windows in the den, one of the rooms I loved best. My favorite room was the dining room.

The dining room and kitchen were separated by a long countertop. The dining table sat in front of the sliding glass doors where one could look out while they were eating, or sitting there drinking iced tea. I loved doing that. One could walk out on the deck through the glass doors.

The evening came quickly, then, it was time to go to bed. Tommy slept with David. He and David were closer in age and did things together. I slept on the couch in the den.

The next morning when I got up, I went to the dining room where mom and her husband were laughing and talking. I was curious as to what was so funny.

Mom told me that about midnight last night, her husband woke up feeling something very warm, very wet! He turned the lamp on and there was Tommy ...standing there peeing on him! Tommy was walking in his sleep! He didn't get upset at him, got up and led Tommy back to bed.

I joined in the laughter, it was so funny... I'd never seen Tommy do 'that' before!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know that had to be funny!!!! My daughter did a "sleep walk" one time but she didn't do anything that funny! She just wanted to paint. She did ceramic classes with my aunt and she did so much of it that she was doing it in her sleep! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete