Saturday, March 17, 2012

TABAN'S BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW... SKIP AND I WILL SEE HIM!

TABAN'S BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW... SKIP AND I WILL SEE HIM!

BY GLORIA FAYE BROWN BATES aka GRANNY GEE

Tomorrow, March 16th... is my grandson, Taban's birthday. It seems like he was born 'just yesterday'. A beautiful little baby who came tumbling into this big old world. Taban was born March 16, 2007.

His mother was happy that he was finally here, a smile on her tired face that only a mother has when she has experienced childbirth. I was honored that she wanted me to be there along with her mother, for Taban's birth. I stood there waiting for his arrival... I smiled when he entered the world.

Skip stood outside the room, and Tommy came. He had parked the big truck outside the hospital. He ran inside, got on the elevator to come up to the room. I saw such a special, soft expression on his face. Little Taban, Tommy's son, had just been born. Tommy was thrilled. The months prior, he'd had taken so long to .... pick just the right name for him. Taban means 'genius'... Tommy wanted his son to have an important name, a special name.

Tommy wanted a name that Taban would grow into... be... he wanted his son to be groomed to be somebody who could stand on his own two feet, support himself in this world, to do many things. A 'genius' could do all that.

Tomorrow... Skip and I will meet Taban and his mother. We will see little Taban. We talked yesterday for quite some time, I found that it really felt good to talk to her again... I never knew I would. I enjoyed listening to her tell me about her nursing classes, working at the hospital. I felt pride for her. She has been reading my blog, I had sent her the link months ago. I'm glad she has been, I don't want to be 'two-faced'... I'm not, I am 'up-front'.

I think I felt bad for writing so honestly, I told her I had to... I have no family to leave my story with for Taban to know me later, if I never saw him again. I felt she understood... I felt she understood alot. I felt that I'd hurt her at times with my honesty ... I felt I'm sorry I hurt her. I thought I hated her... I felt caring for her... it was still under the surface... I was happy to talk to her.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.... to see Taban, to see his mother.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps now Taban will be to able to see his Granny Gee and Pa Skip. Hopefully you and Taban's mother will be to discuss an arrangement for you to see him on a regualr basis. That would be the best thing a mother could do for her child so that he will know his father's mother. It would also let people know that she really is a caring person. That she really does care about her son and his feelings towards his paternal grandparents. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete