Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WIND CHIMES ARE COLORS MAKING A HAPPY SOUND!

WIND CHIMES ARE COLORS MAKING A HAPPY SOUND!

BY GLORIA FAYE BROWN BATES/ aka GRANNY GEE

I was thinking in my mind earlier of how I could describe 'windchimes are like colors making a happy sound' when I was writing about 'I WAS JUST THINKING... 'COME HELL OR HIGH WATER'. That was the exact thought that came to my mind about 'colors'.

It came to me that the only way I know how to put it into words, to describe 'colors' is... that 'windchimes are like colors to me making their happy sounds'!

The more special the sound, the more special the color! Different windchimes make different sounds just as there are different colors... this is how 'color sounds' ... to me.

Water sounds are colors of blue, white, sandy brown, yellow sunshine! The rain sounds are colors of white, blue, the color green for growth, renewal... lush, alive, life!

Bamboo sounds are like earthy colors that go to the soul... colors that pull at one's heart... deeply... in a way that there aren't any words... that I know to describe it. The colors are earthen like 'western' colors... clay-like colors, earth-colors of red, turquoise, white, brown, blue. Dark, warm colors.....

Whoever thought of colors 'making a sound'? I think like that, you will too, from now on. When you hear a windchime making sounds... you will think of Granny Gee, and her colors. Colors will come to your mind as you hear each little chime sound off! Maybe you'll let me know 'what colors' you saw, you felt. :)))

I've never heard anyone else think or say this. I'm always putting special things to me together in my mind... windchimes and colors... isn't it beautiful when you ... really think about it?

Can't you see when you close your eyes.... the breeze blowing a wind chime and each sound is a 'beautiful' color that pops into the very air? Imagine little magical ...musical notes of different colors radiating out from the chimes as they sound off, each fluttering off to make room for the new 'notes'. Isn't it special? Isn't it beautiful! Isn't it fun to think this way.. just for a moment?

Silly? Maybe... but, it makes me happy to think this way... colors, happy colors. Colors making a beautiful sound by way of .... wind chimes! Happy, happy colors that warm your heart, my heart! I bet you'll never look at your wind chimes the same way again! :)))

Yes! The wind chimes are the sound of ... colors!

1 comment:

  1. You are right! I have windchimes and they sound like Happy Colors! I love windchimes also. We will probably hear them a lot tomorrow. Happy Day to you!! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete