Sunday, June 3, 2012

THE COLOR OF THIS STORY IS... WHITE

THE COLOR OF THIS STORY IS... WHITE

BY GLORIA FAYE BROWN BATES/aka GRANNY GEE

I sit here, my mind is a blank. I'm trying to remember back in the past to any one time when something interesting, exciting ...happened. I can't think of anything... at this moment.

Does that mean I've had such a life, one that nothing ever happened in it? Far from it... 'millions' of things have happened in my life but, for some reason, my mind has gone blank.

I feel the need to write, for the moment I have nothing to say. Strange... I feel the need to write... but... I have nothing to.. say. Does that make sense? I ... feel ...the need to ...write.... but, I have ...nothing to say!

My fingers keep typing, my mind searches at this very moment for something to write... so far... is what you see. Empty words... empty words. Think of something to write, Gloria. Let the words flow....

I may have 'writer's block'.... my fingers are trying to pull out of thin air... words, something to write about. Like when one pulls a tissue, one after the other, from a tissue box. Thoughts, and more.... thoughts!

But, at this moment, each 'tissue I pull out of the box' is... white, blank. I don't see any colors to write about. The color of this story is.... white.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes "white" colors are nice. When you write so much about so much of one's life, sometimes you need to take a breather, step back and take a look at your work. You have written so much from so long ago. You have told us things that even I as a neighbor, didn't know. I do know that you have always been a good person as long as I can remember and you still are. I want to take this time to thank you for allowing us (me) to follow you on your journey through life and through your "colors" you share with us. May God bless you always! I love you Gloria! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete