Sunday, June 24, 2012

HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY IF... YOU DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO SHARE IT WITH?


HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY IF... YOU DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO SHARE IT WITH?

BY GLORIA FAYE BROWN BATES/aka GRANNY GEE

I was thinking about when happy things happen, you want to be able to share those special moments.

Do you know how it would feel 'if there wasn't anyone to share them with'?  The happy things would still be nice for you... but, if there's no one there...to share them with, it feels very sad.

I think that in my life when happy things occur, it means alot to share them with someone... especially when there's something to give to them.  I love to share, my reward is to see a big smile and happy eyes looking back at me.  I am like that when someone shares with me... for a moment I really do 'feel special'.  I bet you feel like this, too!

Actually... I get very shy when someone gives something to me... I don't know what to say except for 'thank-you'...' it means so much'... when all the time I am thinking.... 'wow, this means so much more than you know', or 'isn't that special'?  or 'how about that'.

I'm the giver, not the taker as you can tell.  So, when something is given to me... it really is ... amazing!  :)))  I 'see how it feels'... it's a 'warm, happy, good feeling of being special just for a few moments'.  I love that feeling, I wish I were rich enough to spread it all over the world.  :)))

Suppose there wasn't anyone to do for, or give things to?  Suppose there wasn't anyone to share when something special happens in your life?  Just suppose you were all alone in this big old world... who would you share your life with, talk to, give things to.... share your sad things with as well as happy things?

Once in my life for a time I was the loneliest person in this world, though people were all around me.  I knew no one to share something very happy that happened in my life... not no one where I was.  I remember having to keep it to myself.

I remember walking around in my home looking at how nice it was, how all was in place.  I looked at my clothes, my car... so nice.  I looked in the mirror and saw a nice person.  I was all alone... I had no one to share the happy thing that'd just happened in my life... it was such a strange feeling of............. 'happy-sad'.

I remember looking out the windows at the beautiful trees, green-green leaves, the flowers, the sunshine.. watching them as they swayed gently back and forwards in the soft, warm breeze.  I remember thinking:  I'm so thankful I have somebody in my life, I'm so thankful for Skip and Tommy, and our Pups...they mean the world to me.

For a short time I was all alone, Skip and Tommy were in other states.  For a short time I 'pretended' I had no one so, I could see how it felt.  I was so sad... for a short time 'I walked in those shoes' to feel, to 'see' how it felt.

I realized how thankful I was for my loved ones, they meant the world to me.  'Now' ...I'm so thankful for Skip and our Pups.... I'm so thankful for having known my son, Tommy.  I'm so sad that he is gone for I was so thankful for him always being 'there'.  I miss you, Son.  You 'Ole Mom' loved you with her heart.

Skip, Kissy, Sweet Chadwick... you mean the whole world to me.  I'm so glad I can share happy things with you!  :)))  I do have have someone to share happy things with.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have Skip and the pups. I am sure it would be so sad if they were not here with and for you. It is sad if you don't have someone to "share" your life with---good or bad things. I am also here for you too. That is something you have known for so many years. I will be here for you as long as I live. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete