Wednesday, July 4, 2012

SON


Son

BY GLORIA FAYE BROWN BATES/aka GRANNY GEE

I sat on the porch in the dark this morning
I looked up to the sky, saw a orange moon
I thought of you, Son
My child, my baby... my only one

I thought about you being there watching me
Wishing to communicate with me, maybe you can't
I placed my hand out as if on a window pane out in the air
I closed my eyes, gently moved my hand to see if you were there

I opened my eyes to study the air hoping to see something
I didn't see, nor did I feel anything with my hand
I continued to sit there thinking about you, Son
My child, my baby... my only one

1 comment:

  1. I can not tell you how many times I have done stuff like that! How I wish to see, feel and touch my nephew. I have his pictures in my home that I love to see each day. I wonder if other people do the things we do to try to reach out to our loved ones? Maybe some day when you reach out to him, maybe he will be able to allow you to either see, touch or feel for just a moment-to get just a little peek. That would be so wonderful! I wish you the best in that. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete