Saturday, August 18, 2012

Is This A Dream?


Is This A Dream?

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee   8-18-12

I was standing there lost in my thoughts
When before me a little boy appeared
He stood there looking up at me
With a gentle smile on his face

"Hi there", I heard him say
I said "hello to you, little boy"
He stood there smiling
I stood there looking into his face

There's something about those little cheeks
That look very familiar to me
I wondered 'what' about them had my attention
When I heard Skip say

It's Taban!  My eyes began to see
Yes, it's my little grandson, Taban
I didn't recognize him, he'd grown so much
I came out of the trance-like state I was in

I reached down to hug him
I held him tight
I felt my eyes fill with tears, diamond tears
My heart filled with happiness

This is a part of Tommy
A part of me, Granny Gee
I'm hugging my grandson, Taban
It's like hugging Tommy and me...

I felt as if I were in a dream
Wake me up, pinch me
Let me clear my eyes
Is that really you, Taban?

My heart smiles, it really is him
I'm so happy, as I walk away
I turn to look back
When it's time to go

I see a little boy crawl up on a stool
At the high table in Subway
And wait for his other grandmother
To order him a sandwich, drink

Granny Gee and Pa Skip are already forgotten
For the time-being
It's time to feed a little growing boy
Who wants to grow up to be as big as his daddy

I turn back, begin to walk away
With my arms hugged tightly to my chest
I'm so happy I could cry
I just saw Taban, my grandson!

1 comment:

  1. This is what I would write on your blog:



    I am so glad you got to see Taban! Prayerfully there will be more times like that. I hope and pray that he doesn't forget his Granny Gee and Pa Skip. I know you and Skip will not forget him. I hope he doesn't forget ya'll either. May God be with the little boy, his Granny Gee and Pa Skip! Always remember, God works in mysterious ways! Love, Ms. Nancy



    ReplyDelete