Friday, August 10, 2012

The World On Stage...


The World On Stage...

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/ aka Granny Gee

As I watch you talk, laugh, play
I think about what I am seeing
What is that you say?
Yes, I think the day is lovely, too
As we walk along being silly, carefree
The thought came to me that...
No matter where I am
No matter what I see
The view in front of my eyes
Is a stage where everyone is an actor
The stage is constantly changing
Such as over there is the ocean
The actors are in bathing suits
So natural, so not knowing they are watched
Through eyes of someone who sees the world
As a stage... who constantly is entertained
By never-ending movies... all the time
Look at the dog running to catch a frisbee
Running on the pure, white sand
Leaving paw prints behind
I stand and watch a young girl cover a boy in sand
He is buried up to his neck, lying there with a smile
She looks down at him with a mischievious grin
You can't get out, she says
He lies there pretending he can't get out of the sand
I turn my head to watch the waves
I see children running, a little boy fell
A wave splashed over him, he got up giggling, saying
I want to do it again!
I walked to the edge of the water
To let the waves wash over my feet
The water felt warm, comforting
As I stood there thinking it's time to play
My part ... I'm an actor in this, too
I begin to act the part of being on vacation
I smile, I laugh, I run in the waves, I reach out
My arms to embrace ... the world
I'm a star now... I'm shining my very best!

2 comments: