Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fly, Dragonfly... Fly


Fly, Dragonfly... Fly

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/ aka Granny Gee

I stood there watching the little girl
as she smiled brightly, skipped along her way

I saw her tilt her pretty little head of curls
to look down at a dragonfly that sat perched on a flower

Fly little dragonfly, fly
I heard her little girl voice say

I want to fly with you but, I can only skip and jump
I can't go up in the air like you can

Her face glowed with happiness as it soared off into the air
her eyes twinkled with sunshine lights as she watched

She began to wave her little arms, for a moment I thought she would fly
up into the sky with that little dragonfly

No, she didn't fly, but... if she could have
this little girl would have soared with her very heart

With that dragonfly to wherever it went
saying ... fly, dragonfly... fly!

1 comment:

  1. Oh those dragon flies! They are so pretty! I bet that little girl would have flown with it if she possibly could! I can just see a little girl with those curls now. Little girls like to chase and run with little butterflies and dragon flies. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete