Thursday, September 20, 2012

You Know How It Is... Warm Happy Colors


You Know How It Is.... Warm Happy Colors

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

Today is going to be more beautiful here ... than yesterday!  Oh my, it's going to be a beautiful day!  Yesterday was absolutely ... lovely!

I saw leaves on trees that have already turned red, orange, yellow, green.  They are warm, happy colors... the colors of a happy fireplace burning... the flames merrily flickering, popping from happiness as they burn the wood below.

We don't have a fireplace here where we moved... but, we do have 'the next best thing'.  It's a heater that has a 'fireplace' inside!  I can turn it on... and the fire 'burns inside'... it's so realistic!

Last year we had it turned on for the atmosphere, and the soft heat that blew out from beneath (it's electric).  A friend of ours, Stephen, came to help us figure out how to use the DVD player that Tommy gave us the Christmas before he died.  We told him to be careful not to get burned when he stepped near it.

We laughed when he thought the 'fireplace' heater was hot and would burn one.  It doesn't get hot at all, ha!  It 'just looks like it would!'

He thought it was real... of course, we were pleased.  We thought it looked real, too.  It's even better when someone else acknowledges it... so, you know how 'it looks to others!'

It's time to take the 'fireplace' out of storage (in my artroom!), to 'light the fire' (plug it in, turn it on!  :))).  I'm looking forward to standing in front of it to warm my bare toes as the warm air circulates below.... cosy!

You know how it is.... fall time is really here.  It's time to do cosy, happy things... see happy colors of 'warmth'!  Red, yellow, orange, brown, green, gold.......



1 comment:

  1. I have noticed that some of the trees are turning those "warmning colors" too. I know you love fall but I like summer time better. I like to be able to go swimming and soak up the sunshine in the nice warm water! I do like fall time also. The weather is not too hot or too cold. Don't have to use the heater or air conditioner either! I do think this is a win-win situation! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete