Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My World Is Split Between The Hospital, Home Tonight... Last Night I Had This Terrible Dream...


My World Is Split Between The Hospital, Home Tonight... Last Night I Had This Terrible Dream....

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

Tonight I have taken a lot of sighs of relief... I think Skip is finally going to be alright.  He is in the hospital where he's been most of the day.

Skip's blood pressure has been so high, tonight it came down to normal.  So many people sent us prayers through Facebook, emails.

I can't tell you what knowing those prayers being said.... meant.  I still can't say in words how special they are.  I watched Skip as I read them to him on my Iphone... I saw his eyes.

His eyes showed me how much it meant knowing that people who didn't know him, people that knew him... cared.  He really cared that you all cared about him... it meant more than you know.

I know that made all the difference in him getting better tonight.  Thank you everyone from my heart, it means the world to me.  You all brought a smile to Skip's face.  I know it helped his heart as he was having irregular heart rhythms.

Skip is so amazed that people all over the world read my blog, correspond with me.... and more amazed that they cared about him, not knowing him in person... but, through my blogs.  I'm so proud of that.

I have been so afraid for weeks now... remember how I've written alot about death?  Now... I know 'why'.

Last night I had this terrible dream I want to tell you about..... in my dream this is what happened:

Skip and I sat in a van... it didn't have a 'nose'.... you know like where the motor goes.  It was 'flat' in front.  We sat in a van parked at a restaurant... the front of the van was about six inches from the brick exterior part of the building.

I said, "Skip, don't park so close to the building.  People are looking out the window at us now.  Our headlights are shining drawing their attention."

Skip backed up... pulled back up to the brick wall adjoined to the building... he hit the bricks breaking them into pieces.  I watched the bricks as they began to fall.  I was in shock, I looked at Skip, and saw a blank expression on his face.

"Skip, why did you break the brick wall?  Those people are looking out at us!"  Skip never said a word, he calmly opened the door, stepped out and began to walk away ... until I didn't see him somehow.

I opened my door quickly, ran to find Skip.  I couldn't find Skip!  I was in tears as I ran around the restaurant... strangely enough there was a path all around... trees were grown almost up to the building.  As I ran on that path, several kittens were startled... they began to run.  I ran around the building..........

All of a sudden I was at a cookout.... a huge cookout.  Lots of people were eating... they were sitting at picnic tables smiling, laughing, talking.  I couldn't find Skip as I made my way through many happy faces, many picnic tables.

When I woke up, I was afraid.  I turned over to see if Skip was alright.  He wasn't in bed.  I got up, I could hear his voice talking baby-talk to the Pups in the kitchen... I met him coming through the hall.  "Good morning, Baby Girl ( :))) he always says that!)"

I was so glad to see him... I had woke up from looking for him, I had woke up ... afraid.

Skip took his blood pressure and it was almost perfect.  He recorded it for the cardiologist he'd just been to see.  His blood pressure was stabilizing, had been for the past two days.  We were so happy.

Today, he went to the doctor... his blood pressure had went up to 197/111.  I took him straight to the emergency room where they kept him, he's there tonight.  He had a CT scan, EKG, blood work done, and a X-ray, and when I left late tonight... he was given a new blood pressure medicine.  He may have an MRI, and more tests tomorrow.

When I got home, I called back... his blood pressure had come back down to normal.  I felt tears in my eyes... do you know how thankful I am.  I know all of your prayers made a miracle happen.

Skip has been awfully sick this past week... I think something really bad was 'just before' happening, I really do.

Tonight... I did as my cousin Pete told me to do.... 'take a deep breath'.  Hey Pete, I have taken a lot of them out of relief.  I was so afraid... I was so very afraid.  Thank you for caring, too.

Our Pups were glad to see me when I got home.  Our neighbor so kindly waited on his porch to make sure I got into the house safely.... thank-you so much. That meant the world to me... it made Skip feel comfort, ease of mind knowing you were looking out for me.

One of our friends made me promise to call her when I got home safely.... thank you for caring.   I told Skip, and it made him feel good later, when I called back to the hospital.

You both brought comfort to my heart... I think I really needed that.  I was thinking I was all alone... do you know... you both touched my heart deeply.

Well, I am going to bed now.... my world is split between the hospital, home tonight.  I have the Pups here at home.... I so, hope Skip comes home tomorrow... then, my world will be whole again.  I know everything is going to be alright.

It means the very world to have all of you to talk to.  Thank you for being 'there'.  You just don't know how much it means to me.

Love, Gloria/Granny Gee :)))

6 comments:

  1. You and Skip are always in my prayers. Please keep us informed on how Skip is doing. If you need me you know to call me! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Nancy, thank you so very much. It means so much that you are always there. You are the best! Love, Gloria

      Delete
  2. Dear Gloria...
    I know I've never gave comment on your blog before. It's not because I don't care about you and your family, but maybe because I am not a big reader...I've never liked to read too much ;-) But this time, I had to read your blog ( although at the beginning I didn't like to see many words already...haha..) But your words were amazing...and I love them! And I am so glad that your husband is doing alright now. I called Glenn ( at work ) this morning and told him about what happened to Skip, and suggested him to call you, just to make you sure that he still care about you and your family. He called me back and told me to ask you about your email and your current phone number, so he can call you sometimes. He said you ever gave him your phone number before, but when he tried to call you, he said he'd never got you. If you want too, you can give it to me ( your email and phone number ) so I can let him know about it, okay ?

    We love you and we'll keep praying for you and your husband.

    Erlin and Glenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erlin,

      Thank you and Glenn for caring about Skip. It means so much to find your message here. I read it to Skip on the phone tonight. He thought it so nice that you would write.

      My email address is gloriapaintsat@yahoo.com

      Thank you very much, also... for your comment on my writing. I am so honored that you would love all my 'many words'... :))) I smiled at that. That was precious.

      Gloria

      Delete
    2. Okay 'many words' woman..lol I will let Glenn know about your email address, so he can keep in touch with you.

      Tell everybody we say 'hi' and hope that your husband is doing much better now.

      Hugs,

      Erlin & Glenn

      Delete
  3. Hope Skip are well and come home to you, Send our love. Take care.
    Best love Roger, Anna-Lena

    ReplyDelete