Monday, December 17, 2012

It Isn't Easy Being A Coffeemaker One Minute, A Human The Next!






It Isn't Easy Being A Coffeemaker One Minute, A Human The Next!

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee


I stood very still as boiling water rained over the ground up coffee beans in the filter I held.  The water was as hot as hot could get.

I'm only the vessel the coffee goes through to get to the coffee pot.  You pour the coffee into the cup, adding all your favorite things you love in coffee.  Oh... the wonderful aroma!

I sit there as the coffee beans make a wonderful, soothing, comforting drink for you.  I keep the coffee hot for you to come back to get cup after cup of the delicious drink.

Yesterday, my job was helped along.... someone took the coffee beans, put them in the grinder.. then, into a filter.

The filter was placed into my chamber.... instead of turning me on to do my thing... someone had boiled water hot as hot could be.  They began pouring the very hot water into my chamber....

I sat there only holding the filter in place as the hot water was poured over the coffee slowly.... making the most delicious brew.

I thought I was a coffeemaker... to brew your coffee for you... for now, all I can do is... hold the filter in place, and keep the wonderful coffee hot for you.

The phone rang just now, it was Skip.  He wanted to know if I needed something on his way home.  I found it hard to concentrate on what he was saying...

I told him that it was hard to come out of being a coffeemaker back to a human.... so, I could know what he was saying!  :)))

Of course, he said... "what!"  :)))

For the moment, I am human ... again.  :)))

2 comments:

  1. I can understand that! Sometimes I feel like I am more robot than human myself! It is hard at times to come back to being oneself. I thought I smelled the aroma of coffee! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never felt like a coffee makers ... but I felt many times like being a smartphone - totally stress out by all choices and apps.

    Great and funny post - enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete