Saturday, December 22, 2012

Soul Mates... Beauty Fades As A Rose




Skip and Gloria ...    Soul Mates...     1983... Taken in St. Augustine, Florida...


Soul Mates...  Beauty Fades Just As A Rose
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee


I search in the mirror for myself
Only to see now... an older person
I have grieved for the person I used to be
For my youth that is forever gone

One might say that once I was vain
I guess one might be right in a sense
Because no one else did, I began to love myself
As I did, I became beautiful, special

When I did that, Skip came along
He was handsome, we complimented each other
We were tit for tat
Soul mates, lovers, best friends... forever

Skip and Gloria... always
We grow old together to the end of time
Hand in hand, hearts beat as one
Our youth, beauty fades just as a rose

Until one day, we are old
I still hope someone will see a glimpse of us
'back in the day' beneath the surface
Know that 'we used to be pretty', too

It's your turn now, to shine with your youth
Enjoy it for all it's worth
Because one day you'll be searching in the mirror
As I do... trying to find a glimpse of the real 'you', too!

2 comments:

  1. I have always thought you were a very pretty lady! Still do. I knew you as we were children. I didn't know Skip "back in the day". I can tell the two of you are soul mates. Skip and Gloria---goes like glove and hand. Just meant to be. You and Skip are so fortunate to have each other. Not everyone has a soul mate but I do think the two of you are soul mates. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete