Sunday, December 2, 2012

Unbroken, Smiling This Morning...


Unbroken, Smiling This Morning...

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

This morning when I got up, I was sensing, feeling where I could be broken at.  I got up slowly, began smiling through the pain....

The pain of knowing that I'm alive, I know that pain my every waking moment... I can cope with that.  A few tears mixed with my happy smile... because I had ... extra pain.  I notice that quickly because... if it's a lot more, I might cry.

Guess what?  It's not quite past the point... to make me cry.  Almost, but... not quite!  I'm smiling, I'm happy to find that I really don't think I'm broken anywhere this morning!

Last night, I couldn't lift my left arm very high, for the pain.  I was afraid I had reinjured my left shoulder.  This morning, I can lift my left arm high, though it hurts.  That's okay... it's not broken!

My left knee is skinned up, very sore.  It's swollen, but... I can walk on my leg though it hurts... but, it's not broken either!  I'm happy!

My left side is very sore... but, it's not broken either!  So, this morning I'm unbroken, smiling!

I think most of the extra pain... is in my left shoulder.  I will pay close attention to it for now.  It caught the brunt of the fall... because ... our shoulders ... are out there!  :)))

Thank you all for caring, telling me.  It means the world to me.  Love, Granny Gee/Gloria  :)))

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you did not break anything anywhere! I knew you would be sore for a little while. That is the way it is when one falls. I know the feeling all too well! When I fell I messed up my rotary cuff in my left arm. I hope you are over your soreness very soon! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete