Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Memory Drifted By In My Mind...

Artwork by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/ aka Granny Gee



A Memory Drifted By In My Mind...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/ aka Granny Gee



I sit here in my world that's been sad
Feeling happy, light-hearted deep in my soul
Thoughts, memories stirring in me of
My lover, my best friend ... my hero


I am sitting here looking inside my mind
I can't see you, because you aren't there
I see my thoughts, I hear them.. too
I can't feel them with my hands, I can with my heart


I see a memory coming closer
It's of me standing on tiptoes to place a kiss
On your sweet lips, I kiss your nose, too
I love you my... husband, with my very heart


The memory floated away in my mind
Just as another memory drifted in
There you are smiling at me, love in your eyes
Do you know how dear you are to me?


I feel a softness in my face, in my heart, when I think of you
I love you, my husband, my lover, my best friend
You are my life, my world ... my hero
As that memory floats away ... we make more memories to take its place


I love you, my husband, my lover, my best friend
You are my life, my world ... my hero
I feel a softness in my face, in my heart, when I think of you
As I think of you, see you ... a memory is taking its place at this moment


Note:
 

I was thinking of Skip as I wrote this ... I read it to him ... I said to him, "I wrote this thinking of you."  Skip said, "I can tell, it's self-explanatory."  :)))


I just smiled, nodded... sometimes, even after twenty-plus years, a shyness can pop up out of nowhere ... sweet, special ... you know what I'm speaking of ... remember experiencing it when first meeting the love of your life?


I still feel that soft, so sweet shyness with my husband sometimes.  When I do ... it rates stopping for a moment to take a closer look ... I only smile more ... when I do.


I love you, Skip ... I love you to my dying day.  If I died at this moment, I will have known, loved the best husband, best friend ... in this whole-wide ... world.  Love Your Wife, Gloria :)))

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet of you to the time to tell us about your husband. I know he is your soul mate. I know you love him with your very heart and soul. I have always thought the 2 of you were a special couple. I think you and Skip were made for each other! Love, Ms Nancy

    ReplyDelete