Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Have Fallen ... I Can't Get Up





Artwork by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee ...



I Have Fallen, Can't Get Up...

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates

I watched the birds flying around in a circle
The clouds in movement behind them
The limbs, branches on trees shake their leaves

I saw an airplane in the sky, white smoke behind
Flying to another country, passing me by
I would like to see another view, but... I can't

I'm lying here on the floor
I've fallen...
I can't get up

My hands search around my body
Feeling for my cellphone
Where's that damn thing, when I need it

My hands felt something hard, my cellphone!
I brought it to my face
I pressed my numbers in, getting an answer

Help me, I have fallen... I can't get up
Come now, get me off this floor
This is what I heard...

The wind is going to be a big issue
This evening, there will be 45 mph gusts
Hold on, don't fall down... because you might not can... get up!

Did the wind blow me down to the floor
I'm inside my house, how did it do that
I wish someone would help me, so... I can get up

I hear the wind blowing outside the window
I see the trees shaking their leaves
To entertain the birds, and bees

I have an idea, I slide my body to the screen door
I reach for the broom, put it near the latch
I push up on it, unlocking the door

I push the door open, slide out on the porch
Now, blow wind blow with your might
Here it comes,  it .... just blew me ... up!  :)))


NOTE:

Why in the world did my fingers want to type the above!?  This is what came to me as I sat here to type!  I'm ..... laughing!  :)))  Granny Gee/ Gloria    ....

I never know what I will write no more... than what I will draw 'when that mood' ... comes over me.  Is it my 'muse'.... I wonder?  What would I want to name .....him, or her?  I'll think about this... now.

1 comment:

  1. I never know what to expect to read when I see you have written. I like it like that! It is nice to have something to look forward to. You keep writing! Love, Ms Nancy

    ReplyDelete