Friday, September 13, 2013

You Can't Blame Me For What She Says... Just Because I Write It!










Yes, that's right!!!  Just Remember!


 “You can't blame a writer for what the characters say.” 

- Truman Capote





 You Can't Blame Me For What She Says... Just Because I Write It!

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee


 Just because she says something you don't like... what she says makes you mad... or glad... don't blame 'me'. It isn't my fault... it's her, the character that says it.


I just read a short time ago something someone else quoted. They quoted, 'you can't blame the writer for what a character says'. I went back to look for it so, as to give the person credit; I couldn't find it.  (I found it.... by Truman Capote).


It makes sense. You can't judge an author for what their characters say. Their characters are like you, I. They are all individuals. Some are nice people, some are not. Some will cuss, some won't. Some have a certain way of saying things... others aren't so interesting.


So, when you read what myself... or any other author writes... remember the little saying I just read (I can't take credit for it... I didn't write it... I just loved it!).... 'you can't blame the writer for what a character says'.


So, if my character says 'damn'... you can't blame me for what she says... just because I write it!






1 comment:

  1. I have never thought about things that way! Now it all makes sense!! Thanks! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete