Monday, December 9, 2013

You Can't See Him ... I Can



You Can't See Him ... I Can
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

NOTE:  (This is just wishful thinking ... I wish to see my Son... I'm
remembering .... Tommy)...

















... TOMMY ...





I can't see you ... for looking at him
You can't see him ... for looking at me
He stands between us ... all you see is air
When tears fill my eyes, and I smile... it's not for you

They are for him ... as I look up to his face
My tall, gentle-giant ... my son
You hear me speak to him... not to you
Hello, my precious Son... how I've missed you

You stand there ... wondering why I call you ... Son
Thinking, oh... what's wrong with you
Have you lost your mind .. I'm not your Son
Nobody's ... there

I don't hear you ... if I do, I may lose the vision
In front of me ... I've waited so long for him to appear
That I don't care if you think I've lost my mind
I focus on savoring the moment ... of seeing my Son

I reach up to touch his cheek ... I see his sunshine smile
You move back ... you aren't sure of what is happening to me
Especially ... when you see me smile the most beautiful smile
At someone ... you know is not ... you

You know it's real ... by my eyes, my actions
You can't pretend ... like that
You try so hard to see ... what I see
No matter what ... you can't ... but, you know something's there

You stand there in amazement as you watch, feel
Your heart is touched ... it's like a hand squeezes it
Gently in your chest ... your eyes fill with tears
Could it be ... could it really be Tommy?

I'm not aware of you as I speak to my Son
I smile, gesture ... laugh ... I cry
I touch his shoulder as I speak, I touch his cheek
I hug his neck ... when the time comes to say ... goodbye

I stand... sob ... you can't see why
You can't see my son as he walks away from me
Only to disappear again from my life ... I can't go after him
I cry my heart out ... I don't know you are there

My Son... Tommy ... you've left on another journey
On a journey I can't go on ... it's not time for mine
I stand there watching through shimmering, diamond teardrops
As you walk away ... until you are ... there, no more

Goodbye Tommy ... please come back
Please come to me again ... I don't care where I'm at
Just give me a moment to see you again
My eyes, my ears ... will only see, hear you

I stood, watched the tall, gentle-giant walk away from me
He always had the best posture for a man
My tears made him turn into a shimmering, wavy figure
That disappeared ... in front of my eyes
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. There are no words I can say that will heal your heart from the loss of your only child----your only son. I can only tell you over and over that I am always here/there for you when you need someone----when you need me. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete