Friday, January 3, 2014

How Fortunate, Thankful... I Am




How Fortunate, Thankful... I Am
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee




















Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee... 2014



I felt a burst of happiness in my heart
It felt as if it would soar like a pink balloon
In the sky so blue... the clouds fluffy, white

Birds singing, flying... flitting around
I sat watching... a little, soft smile on my lips
Thinking how fortunate, thankful I am

Life's been hard... life's been good
I know what it is to have... have not
No matter how bad something is, everything will be alright

Many paths I've walked on in life
I know what is it to be poor... to be rich
I know what it is to be cold... to be warm

One extreme to another in my life
I have lost everyone I've loved with my heart
They are all long gone now... ashes to ashes... dust to dust

There are a few left... I wish them all well
In this lifetime... we will never meet again
If by accident we meet, we'll each go... our separate ways

I have my husband, and three Pups
They are my world... my very life
How fortunate, thankful...  I am

My real friends, I can count on one hand
I treasure, love each one
How fortunate, thankful... I am







No comments:

Post a Comment