Monday, May 19, 2014

My Brother's Hammer...

My Brothers Hammer...

Submitted by grannygee on May 19th, 2014 –

My Brother's Hammer...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee



Today, I needed a hammer. I went to 'my tool drawer', took a hammer out... laid it on the countertop.

I closed the drawer back... stood there, remembering where I got the hammer. It's stainless steel, and on one side has the initial 'E'... on the other side, initial 'N'.

It's a homemade hammer, and it was given to me with love... years ago. I've always treasured the stainless steel hammer. I used to have a stainless steel flower that I also, treasured. Both hammer, flower were made by the same person.

That same person made a stainless steel grill that I always admired. He made it for his step-father, our mother. It was a wonderful grill.

The hammer, and flower were in the housefire where we lost all in it. I found the hammer... but, the flower never was found. I treasured this hammer even more.

I used the hammer, put it straight back up... so, it can never become lost. Why? Because it is my brother's hammer... he gave it to me.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! I know I have some things I don't want to get gone either. I had a special friend, Dean, and he is not with us anymore. He has gone on to be with the Lord. I have some of his things and I will not part with them "voluntarily". I am sentimental about certain things. I know those things don't mean anything to others but I care very deeply about them. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete