Wednesday, September 17, 2014

You Don't Have To Look The Part ... To Cheat!

You Don't Have To Look The Part ... To Cheat!
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee


Photo Credit:  is of me ... owned by me.  Gloria Faye Brown Bates/ aka Granny Gee





At one time in my life (no matter that I am a sissy!) ... I would have made a good mechanic. Yes, a mechanic. I am mechanically inclined. Sometimes ... I like to take something apart.

I had a computer some years ago ... it was still new. I take good care of my things. It quit working one day ... this was when I sat down ... took it apart. Of course, I didn't know what worked what.

I looked around at the shiny parts in it ... all were new, all was 'clean as a whistle'. I put it the cover back on ... and plugged it in. It worked!

I didn't know it, but ... the power cord needed replacing. Later, after I learned an expensive lesson ... not only an expensive lesson, but ... also ... what kind of computer person I took it to, was dishonest.

I took it to a local computer shop, asked the guy to find out what was wrong. He called me to say it was the ... mother board. He repaired my computer ... I took it home, opened the tower up to see what he did.

I sat there in shock. He had put a dusty box the power cord plugs into ... inside my computer. Not only that ... the box had a name printed on it with a Sharpie pen ... it had been marked through! I was angry.

I didn't want to call him while being 'burning-mad' ... I waited until I could talk nicely to him. I told him that he'd put someone else's parts in my computer ... I knew my parts!

His answer was ... "I must have gotten someone else's part mixed up with yours". I knew it wasn't so ... I 'knew' it.

He told me to come by, he'd give me a brand-new part. I did ... it was in a box that'd never been opened. I never went back to him ... I couldn't trust him at all, now.

The sad thing is ... both Skip and I thought a lot of him. He sure didn't look the type who'd cheat. Later, I found out ... we weren't the only ones.

You don't have to look the part ... to cheat!

 

Photo/Story Credit belongs to Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee ( &grannygee)



 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been back to that guy either. When I heard about what he did to your computer, I no longer trust him either. You are right----you don't have to look like a cheater to be a cheater! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete