Monday, May 11, 2015

Month of May ... Remembrance

Month Of May ... Remembrance
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@grannygee



My beautiful mother, and my little brother Rick-Rick.  I lost many photos in the house fire.  This is the only one I could find.

My Son, Tommy ... his son, Taban.  He was just born on March 16, 2007.  Cover of book I wrote, published.



May 17, 2009 ... remembering the man who stepped in front of Tommy's big truck.  Tommy's life changed ... he suffered with Survivor's Guilt.

It was the beginning of the end for Tommy.  He couldn't get over the death, no matter it wasn't his fault.  The man was a good man, his family and friends loved him.  Tommy read about him.  I watched my son cry over this man.  I cried over him.

May 29, 2010 ... Tommy died exactly one year later.  Tommy died with 3 blockages to his heart at the age of 43.

Tommy died at the ocean running on the sand, playing with his 3 year old son.  He collapsed on the sand.

May 19, 2005 ... my little brother, Rick-Rick ... died from an overdose.  He had been doing good ... we were helping him to get better.  We took him a drug treatment center, bought him clothes.  Oh, my little brother looked good, was very happy to wake up clear-headed.

Rick-Rick went to a friend's house to spend the night.  He died sitting up on the sofa ... his friend found him.

This is written in remembrance of the man whose life touched my son's life ... and of my son, Tommy ... and my little brother, Rick-Rick.

Rest in peace.  I love, miss you my Son, Tommy.  You meant the world to me, Skip.  You were a part of our world.  I'm so glad I knew you, Son.

I love, miss you my little brother, Rick-Rick.  Ricky was the only family member who loved me back as much as I loved him, excepting for my mother, Grandma Alma.  I see this ... looking back through time.

The month of May is a sad month for me.  This is written in remembrance ... love for my Son, brother ... and the man who touched Tommy's life.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand that May is a sad for month for you. It use to be a happy month for my family--until last May. On May 25th my step dad died. He was a good man. He was so good to my family. We love and miss him so much. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete