Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I Have to Look Back ... to Go Forward

I Have to Look Back ... to Go Forward
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny







I look back in the past for things to write about.  As I take memories out one by one ... I look at them as long as I can bear to.  I let it go again when I know it's time to.


You can know I don't dwell on any one memory while doing that.  I don't let any memory hurt me ... only for the time I write so, you can feel, see how real it was.  I let you feel some of that pain ... if you feel anything in your Heart ... tears in your eyes ... you are only experiencing a fraction of what I suffered.


What makes me so special to be the one ... to write about my past, pain, grief?  Well  ... I write.  I am the only one who knows best the things I write.   I know there are people like me ... people who have suffered.  


An author writes what he knows best ... when one reads they know when author is writing ... real.  The reader knows when the author knows ... what he/she are talking about.  All comes through as the words seep into one's mind.


It helps to be an expert on something ... to be an expert one has to know exactly what they are talking about.  The only thing I am an expert about ... is ... me.  I can tell you a million things about me ... this is what I know best.  I can write my life.


I look back in my young life, see all the other children who were there with me ... I can see their little faces in my mind.  I know their suffering, fears ... but, I can't write what they felt, saw ... smelled, tasted.  Only that child who is an adult now ... can do that ... only they can write in their words what they experienced.


I can write about where, what, how another child played a part in my life.  I can tell you what I saw ... how it affected me.  When I write these things ... I go to a place in my mind ... I write the story not to hurt others ... but, to tell how things affected me.  As an author I tell my story ... to tell my life I have to look back to ... go forward.





Note by this author:








Thank you, Prenin ... for inspiring this.  You made me think about 'why' ... I bring up the past ... now you know, I know!  :)  What in the world would I write about if I didn't have ... me.  I'm not an expert on anything else.  As long as I live ... I have something to write about.  Every day is never the same ... I'll never be able to write all my life stories ... the colors of my life are endless.  I haven't even begun to write yet.




Photos of me/story written ... owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny


1 comment:

  1. You are right. No one knows all your past. I only know a little for when you lived next door to me. I know it was hell for you there, but at the time----all I knew was I had a friend next door. I was sad when you left but I do understand now why you left. We are childhood friends----best friends and I am so glad you are back and in my life! I love you Gloria and always have!! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete