Thursday, October 8, 2015

Just Another Color in my Life ... One That I'll Make a Happy Color in Time

Just Another Color in my Life ... One That I'll Make a Happy Color in Time
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny at Twitter





Artwork by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee
Some of my ... happy colors.







I am learning how it feels to not get around very well.  I'm not complaining ... but, I am paying close attention.  Why?  Because 'now' I am seeing how people who are permanently unable to walk ... feel.




I slipped, fell on October 3rd ... my kneecap is broken.  I feel I am injured in other places where new pain keeps coming.




I've fought harder battles ... so, I can't complain.  I am lucky to be here, today.  I've gotten up from worse ... cancer ... congestive heart failure ... etc.  See what I mean?  I know that in time ... somehow all will be alright again.  For 'now' ... I have to cope with not walking, getting around very well.  I have to cope with so much ... extra pain.




I will say it almost broke me ... all the extra pain, losing my freedom to move about when I need to walk somewhere, go to the bathroom, walk outside to get inside the vehicle.




I can't just get up ... and walk anywhere easily.  I have cried a lot of tears once again because no matter how strong one is ... pain can bring you down.  Pain can bring down the strongest person, animal.




There's only me when Skip's gone ... to go get what I need in town ... it will be very hard to get my leg inside the vehicle.  Excruciating pain.  I will have to walk on crutches to get to the store ... like at Walmart. Then ... do something I never thought I would have to do ... ride the electric shopping scooter in order to go about the store.  They aren't made to put your leg straight out ... more excruciating pain.  Thankfully though ... they have the scooters.




I find myself thinking of how so many people suffer in this world.  I know mine is only a fraction of what they suffer.  The thing is ... it takes 'walking in someone's shoes' ... to really know.  For now ... I'm doing just that ... I have walked in many, many shoes on in my life.




I am 'down' for a while ... you can be sure I'll keep people who are in all kinds of shapes ... in mind. Not only that ... I am remembering my Grandma Alma, and the Hell she suffered for over 20 years of being paralyzed before she died.  How can I complain when so many people go through worse than I?

 


'Now' ... I am feeling how grateful I am for the electric shopping scooters ... thankful to have crutches to aid me in walking.  I am glad to know they will be there when I need them.  I have a feeling I will learn to be grateful for many things I'll encounter on this new journey in my life.




This is all new to me ... I am fortunate I will be able to walk better one day.  I have walked in many 'somebody's shoes' ... in my life.  For now ... I am walking in new shoes.






Note by this Author:




My Heart goes out to everyone who can't walk ... I am only 'touching the tip of the iceberg' in ... knowing how it feels.  I am learning from this experience ... how it feels to have the ability to walk taken away.

 


I'm grateful that I can slowly move about ... I'm grateful for the extra pain ... it means I'm still here ... I'm still living. I don't feel sorry for myself not one bit.  When I write about this ... it's to share this new experience in my life.  It's 'just another color in my life' ... one that I'll make a happy color in time.


Photo/true story owned, written by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee



1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you are having to go through so much pain again. I am glad you are in good spirits about all this "new" pain. You will be bouncing back before you know it because that is what you do! You can't keep a goos woman down!!! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete