Friday, October 16, 2015

Soulmates ...

Soulmates ...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee










We speak at the same time
Saying the same thoughts aloud
Amazed as always ... we are one


Soulmates closer than close
Loving with all our Hearts
Each other until the day we die


There through thick and thin
No matter what ... where there's one
There's the other


If one hurts, the other feels pain
If one is happy, the other feels joy
So much alike yet ... different enough


Being together until the day
One takes that last breath
Closes their eyes to this world


Opens them to the other side
Sends love back to surround
The one left behind ... like a warm blanket


Keeping them warm with love
Until the day it's time for them
To draw that last breath ... come home





Note by this Author:



I was thinking of Skip and I as I wrote.  We are soulmates.  Our minds work a lot alike, we think ... speak the same things.  We laugh when we do.  If one is sad, the other is sad.  It's wonderful when we both are happy!



Photo is of Skip and I ... photo and poem owned, written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful and most romantic poem. My hubby and I are also soulmates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poems should be most inspiring to everyone! Anyone that knows you and Skip should automatically know you and he are soulmates. I am so glad you have Skip. I know he will take care of you. I also know you will always be there and take care of him too. You and he are a very lovely couple. It would be hard to imagine one of you without the other. That is because you and he are soulmates. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete