Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I'M NOT HERE ... BUT,THERE

I'M NOT HERE ... BUT, THERE
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter
(I dedicate this poem to a special person who was once in my Life ... Earline Jackson Williams)



























I'm not here ... but, there
I just can't tell you where

I'm inside myself
I have nobody left

To hold, love me
I'm just the shell you see

My life here on earth is done
All I can do is wait for Death to come

No, don't try to bring me back
My Life's spirit ... I lack

My love has gone away
I have nothing more to do, say

You see my shell moving around
I live in my house without sound

The only life you see are my tears
That fall on on my face as Death nears

Let me go to him ... let me die
I'm so lonely ... I cry

I sit in my chair each day
I can't focus on life ... what did you say?

I hear you but, I don't ... why?
Because I'm already gone I sigh

I'm not here ... but, there
I just can't tell you where




Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee






Note by this Author:

I woke up thinking about our elderly neighbors (couple) we lived beside once.  They loved Skip and I ... we loved them.  

In fact, I was the first person she called when he was dying.  I held his hand as he took his last breath, talking softly to him ... telling him everything was going to be alright and that we loved him.

I'll never forget watching her as I would check on her ... I never saw anything like it.  She began to 'be not here' ... she turned off all sound in her home ... when I would knock on her door, I would see her sitting in her chair through the window ... staring into space.

It broke my very Heart.  This woman who was full of energy, laughter ... loved her flowers ... always working in her yard or making something ... quit living once her husband died.  

She was here ... but, she was ... there.  I dedicate this poem to Earline Jackson Williams, whom we loved with our Hearts.  She and Bill were the best people in the world to us ... we all were close.  We didn't think 'neighbors' ... we thought of best friends we trusted to look after each other.  

They were close just as Skip and I are close.  When he died, she died inside.  All her beautiful Life sounds of laughter, talking left her body.  She became a shell of herself.  

I tried to bring her back by encouraging her to turn the tv back on ... get happy sounds to surround her.  To do the beautiful things she always made, always was working on.  She would smile her sad smile at me, nod ... being polite.  Her family took her away to live with them.  I never saw her again.  She died not long after.

I loved you, Earline and Bill, with my very Heart.  You both were a big part of my world.

Photo/poem owned, written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.



























2 comments:

  1. Lovely poetry and wonderful sentiments. Nice to have the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up knowing Earlene and Bill. They were good Christain people. They went to the church I grew up in. You wrote a beautiful poem for them. I know she would have appreciated it. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete