Thursday, November 19, 2015

'My Frying Pan Has Done Gone Somewhere' ...


'My Frying Pan Has Done Gone Somewhere' ...

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter






I've accepted that I can't find my frying pan
It's nowhere to be found, I looked high and low

I don't care that it's gone for it is old, needs replacing
It's the idea that it's gone, normally frying pans don't disappear

The frying pan doesn't have legs though it seems it walked away
It doesn't even have wings or I'd say it flew away

If it fell, it couldn't roll far as it has a handle
I've looked everywhere it isn't supposed to be

I've looked everywhere it could be
I wonder where it slipped off to

Is there a place in the air it could have slid into
Making it impossible for me to see

Could it fall out of the air ... hit me on the head
Let me know my frying pan has come back to me

I've reached out ... pinched the air here and there
Just to see if I'll feel that darn frying pan somewhere

A pinch of air here ... a pinch there
I don't feel a thing I don't think the frying pan's there

Where oh where is that darn frying pan
If you see it let me know ... for now I'll let it go

No longer will I worry about my frying pan
I'm going to get a new one when I can






Note by Author: 

I don't know where my frying pan disappeared to.  It's been on my mind so, I wrote a poem about it!  This memory is dedicated to the little frying pan that served me well.  Goodbye frying pan.

Photo/poem owned, written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.






1 comment:

  1. If I see your frying pan I will surely let you know. Maybe it will be back before Thanksgiving! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete