Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Something to Think About ... Do You Leave Your Drink Unattended?


Something to Think About ... Do You Leave Your Drink Unattended?
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter







Photo owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates ... iced tea in the summer time at our home ...









I watched from a dark corner ... it would be almost impossible to see me.  The corner was hidden by over-grown shrubbery ... no one would think, or want to come through that mess.  No one ... but, I. But ... then again ... I am unusual ... different ... just ask anyone who knows me.





I watch life as it happens ... somehow, I have the ability to ... know ... where it's going to happen.  I can sense people ... especially sick, evil people.  I don't like that I can ... but, I have no choice in the matter.  I'm drawn to where they will commit their sick deeds ... instinctively, I know what, when ... where to go.





This hidden corner pulled at me one day.  I knew if I went slowly, easy ... I could manipulate my body all the way to the back.  No one would ever know I was there.





I always carry supplies with me in my over-sized knapsack ... when I leave my home ... I don't always come back right away.  I never knew where I would spend a night, day.  I also, carried protection ... several forms of protection.  Not only that ... I was skilled in the martial arts.  I could kick ass in a heart beat.





On this particular day I sensed evil was lurking nearby.  I sat patiently, watching the parking lot.  The parking lot belonged to a big box store.  It was a busy parking lot ... in fact, I began to become aware of a man moving from car to car.  He was getting in a lot of different cars, he got out almost as soon as he went in.





I knew something was going on ... I watched closely.  I pulled my binoculars out.  I saw what the man was doing.  He was pouring something into cups left in the cars when people went shopping. You know ... like you and I ... we take for granted our drinks will be like we left them while we enter a store.  I usually leave my big cup of tea from Bojangles in the cup holder.  I never think someone would tamper with it while I'm gone.  Who does that?





This evil being was pouring something into every cup he could get to.  He was poisoning people ... they would come unknowingly back to their cars, get in ... start up the car ... drink some of their drink.  We all do it ... sometimes, shopping can make one very thirsty.





I needed to stop him.  I began to inch my way slowly, quietly out of the darkened corner, shrubbery. I heard someone cry out ... Mama!  I knew someone had drank from their cup ... I heard a voice telling 911 to please come ... please help!





My eyes stayed with the man who moved swiftly to a blue car.  I was almost to him ... I was ready to do battle with the son of a bitch.  I was behind him ... when I got closer I began to run quietly up behind him.  Damn!  He must have sensed me ... he turned around quickly ... saw me!





I was too far gone in my running ... I couldn't stop.  He held out a knife waiting for me to impale myself.  I knew I was going to die as I sped toward him like a speeding bullet ... the blade reflected light as it eagerly waited for me.





Time slowed down like in a dream.  I was going to die ... I tried to twist my body to the right just as I got to the man.  I felt excruciating pain in my left side.  The knife got me as I knew it would.  I had no way of knowing how bad the wound was.  I kept going forward, doing what I meant to do.  I would do it while dying.





I turned around, felt the blade cutting through my flesh as it sliced out of me.  The blade and I separated ... I pulled my knife from its sheath ... stuck it in the man's back as he went by me.  He groaned, fell to the ground.





I jumped on top of him ... he bucked me off.  I fell hard onto the pavement, quickly sprung up to my feet.  I didn't feel any pain from the knife wound.  I knew I would be getting weaker as my life's blood flowed out of me.  I meant for the bastard to die with me.  I jumped on him, stabbed him deeply again.  Just like pushing a knife through a big watermelon ... I twisted it.  The man screamed.





He managed to get his knife in me again ... I groaned with the pain.  He twisted his knife in my gut ... I twisted my knife in his gut ... we both were in agony.  We both screamed as if we were singing in harmony.  It was an awful sound ... I knew he could feel my blade all the way to the hilt just as I could feel the pressure from the hilt of his knife.





This damn bastard and I were going to Hell together ... I managed to slip my knife out of him ... slash him across his throat.  Blood poured from his jugular vein.  The man made a breathy noise ... I heard air.  He was going to die first ... his body went limp.





I pushed him away ... got to my feet.  His knife was protruding out of my stomach.  I didn't try to pull it out.  I would die if I did.  I was going to die anyway.  I knew he'd mangled my guts with his knife.





I heard a siren ... saw red lights as an ambulance pulled up.  Several people ran toward me ... jumped into action to try and save me.  I drifted in and out of conscience.





I knew the man was dead ... I heard one of the EMTs say he wasn't breathing.  I heard someone say I was dying from the loss of blood.  I didn't care ... I didn't hurt anymore.  I was past the point of feeling pain.  I felt as if I were floating.





Darkness ... I died.  I was above looking down.  Someone was doing CPR on me.  I heard someone say, "breathe, damn you!"





I looked around.  From where I was ... up above everyone ... I could see good.  I saw several people being treated ... they had drank from their cups when they got back in their cars.  I saw several people laying by the side of their cars ... help got there too late for them.





I saw someone stagger out of the car close to where I lay dead ... begging for help.  I willed the EMTs who were helping me to go help that person.  Sure enough they saw it was too late for me, they rushed to the that person.





A small sea of wasted life ... I looked to the murderer who was responsible.  His body was covered up ... I looked all around me ... he must be up above where I was.





There he was!  He was looking at me ... evil in his eyes, twisted smile on his face.  What could he do to me now?  Nothing.  I saw him swiftly pulled down into the earth ... I knew he had gone to Hell. My attention was drawn toward the light ... I began to drift toward it.





I felt warmth inside, comfort ... the light made my soul happy.  I went to the light ... the next thing I knew ... I was in Heaven.  I smiled, took a big sigh of relief.  I was happy to give my life ... to save the lives of others.  That was my purpose in life.  This was the end ... the light and I.








Note by this Author:




We all do it ... leave our drinks unattended in the car while we take for granted they will be just as they was when we get back.  We never think of someone coming by ... opening our unlocked doors ... poisoning our drinks.  Who does that?  We know no one would do that ... right?




Photo, short story (fiction) are owned, written by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.



1 comment:

  1. I have left my drink in the vehicle but the vehicle was locked. When I am out and about, I don't leave my drink unless someone is there to keep an eye on it. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete