Monday, February 15, 2016

Don't Butcher the Bologna!

Don't Butcher the Bologna!
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny





Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter






No! No! No!  Don't do that!  I was speaking to the girl behind the deli counter.  What I saw her doing upset me ... I knew it would upset Skip if he went home ... opened up the bologna he'd asked for.

I looked on the scale ... the meat laying there looked as if it were very thinly sliced ham.  I didn't think Skip had asked for ham ... also, he would never want it sliced that thin.

The more I looked at the scale which was higher up above us ... I realized the girl had cut the partial roll of bologna all the way to the end ... making each slice become very small ... half the pile looked very raggedy.  No ... that wouldn't do at all.

The girl looked at me with a surly expression, eyes glaring.  She wanted to intimidate me with her face.  It didn't work ... I wasn't letting her do that to Skip.  He likes that particular bologna, and it's inexpensive.

Skip looked at me, whispered .... "she's really mad!"  I told him not to worry about it ... she knows she shouldn't do that.  Also, other people wouldn't accept it like that.  I wasn't going to let her do that to him ... thinking she could get rid of it ... thinking in her mind she could 'get away with it' with Skip ... because he's very kind.

She said, "what?"  I looked her straight in the face, told her that the bologna should all be smoothly cut, even all the way round like we always bought it.  She began letting me know she was mad ... I didn't pay her any mind.  She tried to act as if she didn't know what I meant.  I told her to take half the pile off ... put bologna on it that was cut like the other half.

It's strange ... she did just that.  How come she didn't in the first place?

I didn't like to make her angry ... but, it was a situation that to tell her ... no matter how I told her ... she was going to be pissed off.

Don't butcher the bologna!




That girl knew she was doing a sloppy job ... she thought we were too 'old, senile' to notice. Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.




Note by this Author:

Photo/true story owned, written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like my meat cut too thin either. If I get meat that is cut too thin, I just put 2 pieces of meat on my bread. You should be able to get the kind of meat you want anyway. What difference does it make to the person that is cutting it? They are not the ones that are going to eat it. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete