Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Is There Ever a Last Drop?


By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter/Facebook.com/grannygee








 Bottles of water ... Jugs of water ... photo owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates





We have to buy our water as do a lot of people around where we live.  So, I'm always opening a plastic bottle of water ... or a jug of water.


I'm thankful to have water that's good to drink ... to bathe in ... to cook with ... to wash with .  It means the very world to us.  So, I never waste it ... not even one drop if possible.


I caught myself ... trying to get the last drop of water from a plastic bottle yesterday.  I became aware of myself letting the water flow from the bottle into the coffeemaker ... holding the bottle up once it emptied ... to see 'just a little bit' of water left in the bottle.


I turned the bottle upside down once more ... let the water run into the reservoir.  I turned the bottle upright ... there was 'just a bit more water' in the bottom of the bottle.  I turned the bottle upside down once more ... let the water drain out.


Letting the last drop flow from the plastic bottle ... I turned it back up ... getting the idea if it possible to ... pour the last drop from the bottle.  I turned it upside down once more ... another drop flowed out of the bottle!  This made me wonder ... is there a last drop?


As I went to throw the bottle into a special bag I use for plastic ... a quick thought came to my mind ... 'suppose my life was at stake ... and it depended on whether a 'last drop' of water came of this now empty bottle ... you know ... you die if a last drop comes out ... live if no drop comes out!  I feel the panic ... am I going to live ... am I going to die!?


I unscrewed the lid back off ... looked at the bottom of the bottom thinking ... it's now or never!  If a drop of water comes out ... I die!


I was into my game!  Please, please ... I don't want to die!  Please don't let a drop of water come out!  I held the bottle above my mouth ...


Waited ...


At the very second I thought I was going to live ... I felt a cold drop of water fall to my tongue!  I fell over ... dead!


Is there ever a last drop?







Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee




Imagination can feel real when we play a game ... especially a 'live or die' game ... adrenaline begins to pump :) Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee






Note by this Author ...


Photo/story for entertainment  ... owned, written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter/Facebook.com/grannygee


We have to buy water for us, our Pups to drink.  We can't drink water from the tap.

2 comments:

  1. I think you've made a "splash" with this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too buy water to drink. I also use it for other things. There is a certain kind I like though. I have never been able to drink water from tap. Like you I too try to get that last drop! The last drop is as good as the first drop! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete