Saturday, May 7, 2016

Remembering Tommy ...

Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny





Remembering my son, Tommy ... when I was a mother. Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee






My thoughts drifted off into the past today
To a time when a little baby was born



A little blonde-headed boy with big, blue eyes
Crying to be held, rocked to sleep



A little boy who ran, played, rode his bicycle
Eyes filled with wonder as he learned his world



One day he grew up ... I couldn't any longer protect him
I wanted to .... I was gently reminded that he was no longer a little boy



One day the phone call came that no parent wants 
Ma'am, I have a man collapsed here on the sand, he isn't breathing



That was the day I lost my son ... my only child
Six years later, I still grieve quietly ... but, in a positive way



I haven't forgotten what it feels like to be a mother
I'll be alright this Mother's Day



I just wanted to remember my child, I loved him with my Heart
I also, wanted to wish all mothers in the world ... Happy Mother's Day






Note by this Author:  Tommy, my son died May 29, 2010 on a Saturday evening at Myrtle Beach.  He was playing with his 3 year old son on the beach.  

1 comment:

  1. Just stopped by for a moment, I know how hard May must be under the best of circumstances, love to you and Skip take care. Hugs. Ann

    ReplyDelete