Sunday, August 14, 2016

It's So Nice To See You Again!

Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee







I have missed writing so much ... it's like I've held my breath for a long time. By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee #writing







It's So Nice To See You Again!
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee





I haven't been around for sometime ... yet I have been around the whole time.  How is that?  I've been living real life ... and it's been too real ... you know how it is when it seems all keeps going badly ... and all you want is for it to all be alright again.

Since the middle of June my prayers have been coming true.  Skip and I have gotten on an even keel.  Skip was deathly sick many times since January of this year until June when he began to get better, become stronger ... and today (August 14, 2016) is doing fine.  I'm so, so thankful.  Three times I was told he almost died and it was good that I got him to the hospital in time.

If you kept up with my last posts which are several months ago ... and my Facebook where I kept everyone updated daily (you can come friend me at Facebook.com/grannygee if you want) ... Skip's health took a turn for the worse in January 2016.

He had a stroke ... his heart rate dropped so low that he needed a pacemaker, 2 stents in his heart.  He went into congestive heart failure 3 times.  Skip suffered kidney failure, had stents in his ureter, had surgery.  He was placed on a blood thinner ... he had 3 life-threatening nosebleeds ... who knew one's nose could bleed so badly!  He had to be hospitalized, given 2 pints of blood.  He had a heart catherization ... and almost bled to death when they pulled the sheath out ... he could have bled out in 7 minutes.  It took 2 nurses 'digging their fists' into his thigh to put pressure on it for 30 minutes to stop the bleeding ... they had to give Skip morphine while doing it ... the pain was awful.  After 30 minutes, they placed a contraption on his thigh to put pressure on for another hour.  

Skip suffered so much during those 6 months ... that it's like a whirlwind trying to remember it all.  When he wasn't in the hospital we were going to his many appointments.  On top of it all I was going to my appointments, had surgery.  I was running back, forwards to the hospital 80 round trip each day.  I never went to bed to rest from my own surgery ... in fact, I was so afraid for Skip that I was going to the hospital, walking long distances to get to his room ... I didn't focus on the pain and how I felt, I didn't have time.  Skip and our Pups were my priority.

This moment as I think back ... I can't believe how much went on and how it never stopped.  I didn't have any family ... any money.  I began panicking about how I would be able to afford gas to go 80 miles every day to the hospital .... I needed tires for the pickup, and an oil change.  I needed dog food, I needed everything.  I turned to my Facebook friends and asked them for help.  I was so amazed, so thankful ... everyone began helping me.  I was grateful ... no amount of words could express how I felt.  

We made it through all those bad times.  Now ... we are making it on a limited income ... no extras, no frills.  That's okay ... Skip is doing good and for about 7-8 weeks ... Skip has been on an even keel doing well.  I am so thankful!  

We had many, many prayers sent our way ... I don't know about you ... but that means the world to me.  I am a believer of prayers and miracles ... I know what I've seen ... experienced in this life of mine.  I know wonderful, strange things happen in mysterious ways when we least expect it.  I believe in God.

Skip is wanting to go back to work soon.  He won't be driving long-distanced anymore ... we want him to work locally in sales, or driving locally.  

I will be writing once again ... I have been wanting to write for some time.  I didn't have time to sit, organize my thoughts.  Now ... I'm back.  I'm so glad to see you!





Note by this author:

I am so glad to be back writing.  I've missed it with my Heart.  My whole world was upside down ... in the past weeks it seems to have settled back down.  I was on a roller coaster and couldn't get off.  I held on until it stopped.  I'm so thankful Skip is on even keel.  I'm so thankful for Skip, our Pups ... they are all I've got.  They are my whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment