Tuesday, November 22, 2016

I Never Take Anything For Granted ...


By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee



 Kissy Fairchild
 Camie Leigh (Precious Camie)
Skip




The surest way to lose something is to think you'll always have it ... never take anything for granted. By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee






Skip asked me, "do you have anything to be thankful for?"  I said of course I do.

I have you and our two Pups ... you are my whole world I told him.  What are you thankful for?  "I'm thankful for the very things you are," he said.

We are our world ... in this big, old world.  We are all the other has who is closest, loves us most ... cares what we think, feel.  This is what Thanksgiving means to us ... thankful for what means most in the world ... love, family, ... Pups... friends.

We never take anything for granted because one can be here today ... gone tomorrow.  When I lost my son it brought home to me that if he can be gone forever ... anyone can be.

I am fortunate, grateful for my world made up of Skip, The Pups and you ... my Friends.  No, I never-ever take anything for granted.



Note by this Author:

Tonight Skip asked me out of the blue what I was thankful for.  These are my thoughts on how I really feel.

Photos/story owned,written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

No comments:

Post a Comment