Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I've Been a River ... I've Been a Waterfall

I've Been a River ... I've Been a Waterfall
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee




























Photo owned/taken by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee









Drops of water splashing on a rock
I watch the drop break apart
Into a million more drops of water

Millions of drops ... water
Sparkling like diamonds in the sunlight
Splash here ... splash there

I've watched my own teardrops fall
Fall while in amazement
At how many I could cry

Like a waterfall that never stops
My eyes cried teardrops for my child
Making pools ... here ... there

When I lay my head on my pillow
My tear drops flow like a river
From my eyes

Standing up I became a waterfall
Tears falling on my hands
I stared in amazement as each fell

Diamond teardrops perfectly shaped
Ready to put in a gold ring
If they were solid

Sometimes I become a flood
Drowning in tear drops
I have nowhere to run

Amazed at the drops of water
Splashing from my eyes
Onto the rocks beneath my feet

I've been a river ... I've been a waterfall
A flood all at the same time
Today ... I am a quiet, deep pool of calm water







Note by this Author:

Like a quiet, deep pool of calm water ... my grief lies below the surface like the fish that swim around.  Sometimes ... my grief surfaces just as a fish does when someone throws bread to them.

I know grief is a forever feeling in my Heart ... it's love for my son ... sad I'll never see him again.  Pain for what was ... pain for what isn't now.  It really does hurt so bad ... though I'm so very strong ... I've accepted it.

No matter what ... no matter how bad ... everything is going to be alright.

Photo/poem owned/written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee in memory of my son, Tommy.  I miss you with my very Heart, Son.






No matter what ... no matter how bad ... everything is going to be alright. By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete