Friday, May 18, 2018

It's Good To Be Back ...








I have been learning how to make bracelets, rings, necklaces.  I love making the herringbone design.  I enjoy twisting, turning the wire in my hands to shape, mold around each bead.  I believe I've become addicted to wire-wrapping beads. 



I have a page called Imperfect Creations by Gloria on Facebook.  I have been putting photos of artwork I've done through times ... things I make with my hands.  Sometimes someone will buy a piece of jewelry from me.  People suggest I have a business ... I don't want a business nor the pressure that comes with it.  If someone sees something I've already made ... they can just tell me.  I won't make special orders.  That would take the pleasure out of doing what, when, where I want to do things.  I am a free spirit I guess.



I will be coming back to write about the grief of a grieving mother.  It will be 8 years on May 29th since Tommy ... my son ... died.  I promised years ago I would always tell you how it is with this grieving mother.  When I write about it you will see I've come far in my grief.  I can live with it now.
I will write my poems, short stories ... whatever about life I'm feeling. 



It's nice to be back.  I look forward to writing once again. 



Author's Note: 


I haven't written for a long time ... I didn't have anything I wanted to write about.  I guess all writers, artists do that and come back to doing what they love best when ... it's time.  We always know when it's time to begin again.  I'm ready to begin again :)


Written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.  Photos are owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates.

No comments:

Post a Comment