Monday, September 3, 2018

I Wish I Knew Everything!




Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee




Have you ever been too smart to learn?  Too smart to listen, learn from others?  I believe that comes from being so smart having accumulated so much knowledge ... there's no room in your mind to add anything else.


What do you think?  We all know someone who is like that ... probably a lot of ... some ones.  I do.  Through time when younger I ... thought I knew it all.  I had to do it my way.


Thankfully as I matured I realized it would pay to listen, learn from others.  I made room in my mind to learn.  Learning, exposing oneself to new things is wonderful.


Of course, I haven't learned everything ... which is a good thing because I would hate to become bored with Life thinking there's nothing else new in it.  


I do become sad when I see someone banging their head against a wall all the time trying to figure out 'why' this went wrong, that went wrong.  When someone points something out to them ... they pay it no mind and keep on the same path they're traveling until after much wasted time ... boom!  The answer comes to them ... it was the answer someone gave them months before.  It took that long for the information to travel to their brain ... what do you think?


Or maybe they discarded enough old information and left a little room for something new to reach their mind.  Who knows?  I don't even bother to worry myself about it ... but, I can't help but notice when I see it.  I'm just glad I am open-minded and have learned ... I don't know everything, never will. I have lots of room to store new knowledge.  Isn't Life interesting?


Just keep your mind open ... a closed mind has no room for any new ideas ... things you need to know in order to go about your everyday life.  


Anyway ... this has to be your decision.  I don't tell you what to do ... I write about how I think about it, my experiences.  I do suggest though ... make room for new ideas, knowledge ... your life will be more interesting the more you know.  I wish ... I knew everything!




Note by this Author:  I don't think it wise not to listen ... one never knows what they will miss in Life to make it easier, happier.  I'm guilty sometimes ... wishing I had been listening when I should have been.  I'm not perfect. 


Photo, story owned, written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

No comments:

Post a Comment