Last load of clothes in dryer ... last load of laundry in the washer. Stack of neatly, folded laundry put up.
Sitting on my bed ... looking, listening, making sure all is okay before I write. Mr. Kissy Fairchild is snuggled up to me. Skip gently snoring, lost in the world of sleep.
All is peaceful, boring ... alright. The older I get ... boring is beautiful. I smile here ... who would have thought I would would ever love, embrace ... boring?
Boring ... in my little word is wonderful. That means Skip, Mr. Kissy Fairchild ... myself ... are on an even keel ... no rocking boat ... no crazy ripples in the water.
No ... sunshine. Looking out the window ... dark leaves ... splashes of cloudy sky. I don't feel the happiness, joy sunshine makes me feel. Sadly, the lack of sunshine affects ME.
That means I have to work on putting joy in this day.
How? That's what I am sitting here thinking about. How to make today brighter when there's no sunshine. I am a sunshine girl ... sunshine is important to ME.
What to write about? Real life ... I am real life. I write ME. Seeing a splash of sunshine on my bed where I write inspires ME ... to write. Makes ME feel happier.
Cloudy, dull affects my mood. I need colors, sunshine to exist.
I don't confuse the lack of sunshine, a dull day with thankfulness, gratefulness. My Heart is always full of both. Always.
I never forget how good people, Life has been to Me ... that's why I am here today. Someone cared, people cared about us.
Life these past two weeks has been challenging in many ways. Each day, getting up I promise myself it will be better.
There are subtle changes in our everyday ... I am adjusting to them. I don't talk about them ... I go with the flow of my Life.
Challenges are made to overcome, I overcome one way or other. I meet them head-on ... I don't hide my head in the sand. How can you steer a car if you don't look at the road?
I just smiled at how each day for the past two weeks has been. Life is just that way.
Well ... this morning I am determined to make the the sunshine come out on a cloudy day! How about that? I am determined to make challenging not so challenging.
Later, I will make coffee, a nice breakfast for Skip, Mr. Kissy Fairchild. Mr. Kissy eats good food, he isn't a 'canned dog food' sort of pup.
I make a bowl with his meat, veggies like we have ... not only that ... he loves for Me to feed him. He is the only Pup, he is ... SPOILED. I also, keep his dry food dispenser full, water bucket full with fresh water.
His vet visit shows him to be a very healthy pup. His weight is 92 lbs. He isn't overweight, his fur is pure silky. He is 'perfect' ... I am smiling again. We truly, dearly love this precious Pup!
How to make the sunshine come out on this cloudy day? After we are officially up, breakfast out of the way ... I will take garbage bags to the nearby convenience center. Then ...
I will begin cleaning countertops (they are clean but, I will rearrange as I go). Smelling the wonderful scents of clean will bring happiness into today. Sunshine!
I am going to mop floors, vacuum. I do this all the time but ... today ... is today, it's different ... it's a new day! I may rearrange as I go.
I sometimes make exceptions in how I clean house now ... sometimes, I become tired much quicker. Remember ... I told you that my accident changed my whole life, the way I do things? Sometimes, it take longer to do things.
Two years ago, I had an accident, fracturing my left femur. I was working, cleaning house, changing Skip's mattress.
I was trying to cram the last corner of the mattress into the pickup bed ... the next thing I knew I became aware of being on the ground in the most pain I'd experienced since the the two major surgeries I had during my battle with cancer. (Two thoracotomy surgeries, brutal surgeries, lifetime pain ... I think now, the surgeries might be better ... I don't know).
I thought I could just get up ... oh my, my, my. There wasn't any getting up from that fall. Suppose I was hiking in a remote area ... that's where I would have laid until ............
Skip couldn't hear me, no one could hear Me crying for help.
I laid there approximately two hours in the most excruciating pain until Skip came to the door calling for Me. He doesn't walk well.
It was hard to tell him what was wrong, laying on my back, crying.
I finally made him understand I was seriously hurt, to get my phone, throw it out to me.
The next thing I knew ... the EMS people were working at getting me on a stretcher ... oh my God, there's NO describing that kind of pain.
I was taken to the hospital ... they were giving me pain medicine ... the doctor gave me an injection ... I was out. Surgery ... ME doing what I do best ... getting back up when Life knocks ME to the ground.
Anyway, I didn't mean to go into a lot of detail here ... I normally don't speak of my accident because I don't have time to dwell, focus on it.
I have my little world to take care of. At the time ...Precious Camie was very ill ... bone cancer in her front leg ... and as you know ... Skip not well.
I HAVE to be there for my world that now, consists of Skip, Mr. Kissy Fairchild. Precious Camie died.
My doctor wants me to have a hip replacement, take the hardware out so, I can walk good again, have less pain. I walk carefully now, I would limp walking fast. I try not to do that.
I told him that I am the only one to care for Skip, Kissy. I won't go through that surgery, recovery as long as I have them to care for. My Life is ... them. They need, depend on ME. I need them.
I know that anything could happen, meaning unexpected complications ... I don't need extra pain, grief ... even if it means walking good again.
I know that there aren't promises I wouldn't end up in worse shape. My take on this is ... 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
I need ME to care for US.
Okay ... it seems the sunshine is peeking through the window. I love that ... see, I am smiling now!
I am going to make all smell so fresh, nice so, when the sunshine disappears behind the clouds ... I will still have sunshine inside. I will make it happen!
Real Life is like this ... I write real Life ... my real Life.
Note: I noticed something of my writing (font) grew larger. I am not going to take time to correct it. I told you many times ... I'm not perfect. This is an example! 😄😃😀🙂🙃


No comments:
Post a Comment