Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LITTLE SOFT LIGHTS...

LITTLE SOFT LIGHTS...

BY GLORIA FAYE BROWN BATES

In a darkened room there is a ficus tree

with soft, clear lights glowing to cheer me.

It's raining outside, the sky is gray

the little soft lights inside keep sadness at bay.

On days like this, it's easy to become sad and down

I just turn the lights on the ficus tree, the lamps that sit.. around.

Light is so important to one's mind and soul

We all need it to brighten 'inside', it's worth its weight in gold.

I've been in the darkness many times in my life, I know

how much light means on my path... as I go.

I can see now... my path is free and clear

my son's memory tucked in my heart, feeling him 'near'.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were so good at writing poems! I use to write them. I have a little notebook with poems in it. You did a great job! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete