Friday, January 11, 2019

Our World Has Become A Scary Place ...


Artwork by and owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates




I have to say when I watch the News lately ... it distresses me so much.
Our country, people have changed so much ... and not for the better.


What a scary world we live in when families, friends turn against each other ... to the point of killing another for not believing in what the other believes in.


Yes, I know up to a point it's always been like this ... today ... it's gone even farther.
If one doesn't admit that division, racism, ugliness has raised its ugly head now ... affecting everyone in mean ways (people you wouldn't expect) ... one's head is buried in the sand.


Here ... life has changed so much that every day, night ... bodies are found that have been shot, dismembered. No one ever heard of such only rarely before ... the population esculated here.


With such a high population ... the wolves have followed waiting for someone 'in the herd' to be off-guard ... they strike.


I distinctly remember when Skip and I traveled to the west coast every week ... the things happening here ... always happened there. I remember when we said 'one day it will reach the east coast' ... sure enough 'one day' came.


No one can mention these things like they are new ... they've become 'every day things'. I don't remember a night without murder, murders.


The dark is a dangerous place ... the most dangerous are the human predators that lurk inside the darkness. They wait until they think no one can see ... strike.


When one goes out to do daily activities, come home ... get groceries, shop, go out to eat and enjoy a meal ... get distracted by holidays ... happy or unhappy events ... one needs to be aware of their surroundings at all times ... whether one likes it or not ... or chance becoming a victim.


You don't have to do anything at all for someone to shoot you dead. Just existing makes us a target ... just moving, being in a space someone else claims makes one a target. Your looks might offend another ... your words offend someone ... even never knowing you've done that.


The people here in our area ... their area too ... all have different beliefs, ideas, cultures.
Instead of killing another because they are different ... why not embrace their difference and learn new things? That's the spice of Life ... we take the good things from the other ... mixing them with our good things.


Wow ... wonderful, exciting things can happen making everyone's lives much nicer, fun ... happier that we learned new things that make a positive difference ... things we can actually apply to our daily life to make it nicer.


Sadly ... there are many people who only like negative .... ugly things in life. I grew up in such ... every morning began with pure hell-raising ... screaming, loud voices, crying, fighting ... cussing.

When the storm cleared ... everyone was okay. No one ever noticed that one little girl wasn't ever okay.


Growing up ... in my home it's quiet. Yes, I do 'raise hell' once in a while ... it's in me, I grew up that way ... we all do when something isn't right. I can 'raise hell with the best' but ... I don't enjoy it.


I love peace, quiet, calm the best. That's what we prefer in our lives.


Silly me ... I wish all good in Life. I'm so silly because I love happiness for everyone. I can hear someone say, "let's be realistic". Sadly ... I am realistic ... I know in our world there won't ever be peace. All we can do as individuals is to each make life around us peaceful as possible, love and care.


We can't save the world like I once thought I could.


Written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates. Photo owned by me. What I wrote is strictly my opinion ... Another Gloria Opinion Imperfect Creations by Gloria #peace #hell-raising #spice of life

No comments:

Post a Comment