Monday, January 21, 2019

I Went Through Some Photos ... Kididdle Hopper to Doodles

 
I am afraid of these insects ... to me they are what I call a kadiddle hopper ... I don't know the proper name.  When I lived at my Grandma Alma and George's ... they would jump at me when I was a little girl.  I can't take them ... they are different colors.  The ones I knew were kind of beige with pink bellies ... to  me they looked like little fat men with soft bellies!  They terrified me ... I would freeze in place not being able to move until ... my fighting spirit kicked in ... I would run!
 
 
 
 
Green ... going through my photos I was picking several out to share that just looked interesting.  This was one of them.  I imagined I look like this when I get angry ... the only thing missing would be red eyes.  Skip said he'd never seen anyone's eyes get like mine when I became angry.  I have ... my Grandma Alma.  I remember she became extra-angry one time ... I had to turn around to look at her eyes again ... her eyes looked like demons from Hell.  So scary.  She seldom got that angry ... I seldom get that angry ... but, when it happens ... all Hell breaks loose.  She may have been paralyzed but, her anger was very intimidating.  I listened.

 
I just like the simplicity of this doodle I did a long time ago.  I can't really tell you why, but I do.  Sometimes, I just like black ink on white paper.  Like white walls ... I want to draw on them.  I did as a young girl.  I also, drew on the white pages in the front and back of most of my Grandma Alma's books in her bookcase.  As a child I loved books dearly.


This rock came through the house fire that claimed all our belongings.  I saw it laying on the ground all smoked up ... I rescued it, kept it.  I painted it in the same year as the house fire ... 2004 (December 28).

 
I keep these things in this photo and the photo below this one on our refrigerator. They are in Memory of Tommy, my son.  He died May 29, 2010.

 
In Memory of Tommy ... born 11-20-1969 ... died May 29,2010

 
I love salads like the one I made in this photo ... I love colors in my food just like my paints ... lots of happy colors.

 
This is a doodle I did of a sunflower, and roses.  Sometimes, I cut around things I draw, paint and make greeting cards, posters and such.  I used to make 3-D posters for the hospital I worked in ... with everyone's birthday on it for each month.  I also, did the same with the sign for the Gift Shop, there.  Someone still has that sign after all this time.

 
I love this color pink ... it reminds me of my cousin just before she died.  She wore a pretty pink shirt with her long, blonde hair and gold-colored glasses.  That day she sparkled with a light around her.  I won't ever forget it ... she was beautiful.  Shortly after that ... she was in a head-on crash with a log truck, died.  This was only several days after our home burned down ... so much bad so quickly.  She was helping us get on our feet.  This photo of me taken January ... 2019.


Don't ask me why ... but, I like this doodle I did for some reason.  It is part of my Coffee Filter Art I've done.  I love purple and green ... they are my most favorite colors and ... good luck colors.  I need to wear it, keep it around me ... I need all the good luck I can get.

These are some photos that stood out to me today for no special reason.  I wanted to put them on my blog, share them with you.  Do you ever go through your photos?  I'm beginning to do that more often now ... I couldn't after Tommy died.  I also, stopped hanging family photos on the wall.  Skip kept family photos of his and my family in his study, still does.  It's like a phone to me ... I stopped using a phone very much and hanging photos after losing my son.

Photos, blog post owned, written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates.

No comments:

Post a Comment