Thursday, January 3, 2019

Daisy ... I Miss You, Mom

 
Photo of daisy I took a couple years ago ... 2016
 
 
 
When I began my weight journey I walked every day.  I would take photos of what I saw ... didn't matter what.  I took photos of trash people would throw out, interesting weeds, plants, pinecones, trees and tree bark, rocks, pavement ... whatever ... I took photos if they looked interesting.
 
I love wild flowers and my favorite is seeing daisies ... white daisies, yellow daisies.  This photo is the type daisy that has always reminded me of my mother ... Daisy Earlene Strother.
 
She died September 09, 2001.  We picked her ashes up on September 11, 2001 while the terrorist attacks were happening in New York ... Twin Towers. 
 
What an awful, traumatic day that way.  I was in shock, grieving for my mother and for what was happening in New York to penetrate that grief ... you know it was bad.  I was standing in the living room waiting to leave ... I was staring at the tv not really seeing, listening.
 
The journalist's voice was very excited ... and they kept switching to the plane hitting the twin tower.  It finally got through to me something bad was happening ... people were dying.
 
I miss my mother very much.  Lately I've been thinking a lot about her.  I was looking at some photos on my computer, came across this photo.  Instantly I began smiling ... I took this photo because it reminded me of her ... Daisy.
 
I miss you, Mom.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment