Sunday, January 20, 2019

Blue Ball Lightning and ... Evil-Ass People

 

 
Gloria Faye Brown Bates as little girl in Hell ...
 
 
 

Gloria Faye Brown Bates



Gloria Faye Brown Bates as a little girl who lived in Hell (I look at myself as a child ... I hid it well, no one could see the terrible pain in my heart) .......... photo of Gloria Faye Brown Bates as an adult taken January 2019.



 

Blue Ball Lightning and ... Evil-Ass People

 

I used to see blue ball lightning roll across the floor as a child. Skip Bates and I were just talking about it. I thought everyone saw it. I saw it often when there was a storm.

I was very afraid of storms ... I would run, get a quilt and sit on the end of the old red, vinyl couch in Grandma Alma's front room.

The quilt would be wrapped tightly around my whole body ... the only opening in it was when I would open it just wide enough to peep out.

Whenever I peeped out I would be looking directly into the bedroom my teenage aunt lived in ... that's where the blue ball of lightning slowly rolled out from every time.

The blue ball of lightning was the size of a basketball ... it would slowly roll toward me. Oh my ... I was a little girl of nine ... it would frighten me to death. It seemed to be staring at me. I would close the quilt back up and stay hidden inside. Later when I would open the quilt to peep ... it would be gone. I would breathe better each time. I was so afraid.

All through time I never met anyone who saw it like I did. I lived at my Grandma Alma and George's (you recognize the names if you have always read my writing on my blog: happycolorsandgrannygee.blogspot.com )

As an adult, I've researched it a little and found that it's a rare phenomenon and maybe 5% of the population has seen it. How about that? I don't know how accurate that is ... but, as a child I just knew everyone saw it too. In fact ... as a small child I thought everyone lived in Hell just like I did. Growing up ... I learned not everyone lived in such.

I read once that ball lightning was associated with evil ... now, I don't know how true that is since I don't ... and there's never been a study on it ... no one else knows what exactly it is.

I formed my own opinion ... thinking if that were so ... then it came out of the appropriate door! My teenage aunt lived in that room ... she was evil and so mean, truly mean ... and as the years rolled by ... she grew even eviler. She was as evil as they come.

When my mother would disappear for months she would scream at me and the other children. I lived there so, it made it easy for her to beat me, slap me around. She was the meanest young person I've ever known.

She beat me once with a piece of wood meant for the wood stove at my grandmother's. She left bloody places on my little girl body. I remember I screamed, cried ... I told her I would tell my mother (her sister).

Oh my, when one day my mother finally come home from her latest adventure ... I told her and all Hell broke out! She whipped my aunt's ass all over the place ... at one time I bent over and popped my aunt's face for beating me so badly. My aunt tried to bribe me with a Timex watch to not tell my mother what she did ... I told my mother.

My mother would leave me all the time for months to go on her adventures never knowing, realizing she left me at the mercy of the world. She never knew all the bad, mean things that happened to me.

Today in my adult life ... is the first time I'm thankful to have grown up in Hell ... because all through time I have found it to pull me through things that have been so painful, battles with cancer, grief, bad things that happened in my life. It made me a very strong person who only became stronger ... thankfully ... without being bitter.

Oh ... and I have one Hell of a fighting spirit ... inherited from my Grandma Alma who was the strongest woman I've ever known ... and she was paralyzed and lived in pure Hell. George was blind ... her husband. He was the only grandfather I ever knew, and the first kindest man I ever knew. Skip is the second kindest man I ever knew ... my precious husband.

I just know Life can have many unexpected twists, turns and all we can do is to twist, turn with it. My, my ... how I have rode this roller-coaster of a ride (and I hate roller coasters!) called Life. I'm still on it and plan to be for a long, long time. I still love Life no matter I've known mostly pain, grief.

So, if ... I say 'IF' ... ball lightning is associated :) ... with evil ... it came out of the right room ... and in the right house because I lived in Hell ... and you wouldn't believe the evil, vile things this little girl grew up in. And that particular aunt ........................................

I still loved my family ... because when they weren't treating me bad ... they would smile at me, speak kindly ... and touch my little girl heart ... I'd forgive in a second.

I knew some truly ... when I say that I don't say it lightly ... some truly evil people in my own family. The strange thing was I loved them ... they were my family. They were all I knew, I had.

I hate to say this ... I associate ball lightning ... with the mean, evil-ass aunt I had. See ... I try to be 'good' all the time and think 'perfect' thoughts ... I just can't. I have to be as good as I can because I do think mean thoughts sometimes ... and I just can't be perfect to save my life. :) <3

Besides ... this is how I really feel, think ... I write about the very real things in my life. I can even picture my evil-ass aunt sitting on top of that blue ball lightning ... rolling out of her bedroom door ... hair all wild, cussing up a Hell-storm ... to get me! :)

Now ... that's a frightening vision! Now, if you've never experienced ball lightning ... you'll remember, associate it with my crazy experiences as a little girl with it, ha!

Oh ... this is another 'oh' ... I loved that mean evil-ass aunt always. As an adult I had to distant myself from her as she wanted to control everyone through blackmail, threats, and such. I wasn't afraid of her ... and no one else in my family. I knew how to take them down ... though I never did. I'm not evil.

I loved all of them ... they are all gone today ... and my Heart has grieved for each, every one as they all died since 2000 on both sides of my family ... not in good ways, either ... not in normal ways. Bad things happened to most of my family to cause death.

I have grieved so much ... and the last 8 years I've grieved for the loss of my son, Tommy. I have begun to embrace Life again ... imagine me on that roller coaster again called Life ... eyes bright, smile on my face ... holding on for dear life!

I'm wishing for good, happy things in my Life now ... that will last for the rest of my days ... I would love to know how it feels ... I've had a taste of good life all during my life ... but, never for long. I would like to have ever-lasting peace, happiness, even some wealth now :) :) :) <3 <3 I'm trying to be specific in what I ask for, ha!

 

True story/photos of me as child and adult today (2019) ... written, owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates



 
 
Gloria Faye Brown Bates ... photo taken January 2019
Photo below when little girl just before being thrown in Hell ...


No comments:

Post a Comment