Wednesday, April 25, 2012

COLORS BY GRANNY GEE...by GLORIA FAYE BROWN BATES




















This is just some 'colors' of Granny Gee... I do all kinds of artwork and this is just a sampling of abstract, collage artwork I did.  I also, do decorative painting on small pieces of furniture, mailboxes, and on canvas (like floorcloth canvas). 

I don't do painting for anyone now, as it places alot of pressure on me.  I only do what 'I feel and want to do'... as long as I draw and paint like this... I can be happy.

I don't work with any one medium, I combine them and do what 'I feel'.  I've never had any formal training... though I really wish I had taken time to. 

These are just a few of 'my colors' that have... made me, Granny Gee... happy.  I hope you like them, too.  I will be adding artwork from time to time.

In fact, when I take my hard drive to the computer shop ... I will have alot of painted mailboxes and furniture I've done in the past to put here.  Also, I will have alot more photos of Tommy from the past...

Happy day, happy colors to you all!  Love, Granny Gee






















 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Are you the next Thomas Kinkade? I love his work. Your work is wonderful! I can see why you enjoy painting at your own pace and only "what you feel". Looks like it is a "good" feeling. The colors are beautiful! I really love them!
    Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms Nancy,
      I'm honored by your comment. I didn't paint those like I usually do... most of that artwork is done by markers and color pencil. Thank-you, Nancy. Love, Gloria

      Delete