Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Held The Bag Close To My Heart... Someone Prayed For Me


I Held The Bag Close To My Heart... Someone Prayed For Me

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

Skip came walking up the driveway... there was two bags in his hand.  Bags like the ones that come from Walmart.  I wondered 'what in the world?' did Skip have.  I didn't think he'd stopped at a store before getting home.

I didn't know that ...those simple little, unassuming bags would hold something most precious.  He told me as he walked into the gate that he had something for me.  'Cindy made something for you, and she made something for me, too'.

I couldn't imagine 'what in the world?' Cindy had made that was so big to fill the bags like that.  Skip's bag was just as big.  We came inside, Skip handed me the bag Cindy told him to give to me.

I held it in my hands marveling that 'Cindy made something ... for 'me'.  I held the bag close to my heart because I never open a gift or present without thinking that 'someone got that... for 'me'.  I'm always awed, amazed that 'someone thought of .... 'me'.  Isn't that just so special?  'Me'....... I smiled because it 'meant the world to me'.... not that I wanted something... but, that I was 'thought of'.  Wow!

I let Skip open his bag first... in it was the most softest, beautiful crocheted piece of work... there was a card attached to it.  We read it as a beautiful scent wafted up to touch our noses.  How nice the scent was!  We read that it was.... I want to open mine!

I opened my bag, the most beautiful scent filled my nostrils... I inhaled deeply to enjoy it.  I saw something so soft, shades of purple inside that bag.  I didn't 'just pull it out of the bag'.... I 'gently took it out' because this was something 'made especially for 'me'... this was special.  I had to treat it that way.

I took it out, it was another softest, beautiful crocheted piece of work.  I held it to my face, I closed my eyes as I appreciated the scent coming from it, the softness.  I savored the moment as long as I could... then, I decided to look at the card also, attached to mine.  At first.... I tried to read it without getting the reading glasses ( :))) )..........

Both cards said:

This prayer shawl was stitched and annointed for you By God's willing worker.  Each stitch contains a prayer for You that God will bless you and those around you.  Each stitch is made up of three strands representing The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.  I will continue To Pray for you as you wrap these prayers around you.  May God bless and keep you.  Joshua 1:9  "Be strong And of good courage, do not be afraid, nor be dismayed For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go".

Below the words is a picture of Jesus.  As I typed the words above, I smell the scent this very moment.  I even hold this shawl to my face to feel the softness, smell the scent more deeply, this is the thought in my mind....

'How so very special... that made me feel so special'.  Thank-you, Cindy.  Love, Gloria

PS...  Skip dearly loved his red, white, blue prayer shawl.  He was smiling so big.  I laid it gently on his desk in his study for him to enjoy, to hold and touch.  It meant the world to him to... that someone thought of him in such a special way.

How many times does someone tell us they say prayers for us?  I know I say them all the time... I had never thought to tell people that I do that.... that I care... I just felt they all 'know'.  :)))  That's the way I feel about all of you, my readers... family... friends.  I just thought I'd tell you in case you didn't know it.

I'm still awed, amazed as I sit here with myself.... someone cared to use their hands to make so many stitches, to pray for me.  It means the world to me.  I will use this shawl for comfort... I will make sure Skip does the same.

2 comments:

  1. Those Prayer Shawls sounds so perfect! I never thought of calling them Prayer shawls. I understand about the 3 stiches being of, The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost! What a wonderful way to think of something that was done with love! All my work I do is done with love and pride in it. Sounds like your friend Cindy is very talented. I would like to see it when I come to visit. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be proud to show it to you, Ms Nancy. I have it in my special room, my artroom, on my desk chair. I will hold it often, and while I draw, paint... put it on my lap. Also, I'll hold it for comfort... I may just place it on my art table, and lay my head on it, close my eyes and smell the beautiful scent that wafts up from it when I'm sad. :)))

    ReplyDelete