Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Patch Of Fog...


Patch Of Fog...

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/ aka Granny Gee

I went closer to see what lay behind
The patch of white fog, I wondered if it was a sign
It wasn't very big, nor was it small
It was the size of a person that was tall

I squinted my eyes as my feet took me there
I could almost imagine I saw blonde hair
Are those blue-green eyes I see
Is that a grin smiling back at me?

The fog turned into the shape of a man
Do I see Tommy, oh yes.. I can!
My son has come to visit me
It means so much, can't you see?

Tears fill my eyes, I feel strong emotion in my chest
I am weak, I have to sit down to rest
On the chair close by, before I faint
I want to hold onto him, but... I can't

Tommy, please don't go, please stay
I cried as ... he slowly went away
He came to let me know
That he loved his mama, but.. he had to go

The fog slowly disappeared, left me there
Where it went I know not where
For a moment I saw Tommy
I thought I heard him say... 'I'm Tommy, I want my mommy'

He used to say that as a child
When he did, my face would open up into a smile
How I loved you, my son
My only child... my only one

2 comments:

  1. Ms Nancy sent her comment to me to post it as she had a problem trying to post.....

    Here is what I tried to post:



    Oh goodness! You are getting so good a writing poems!! I know you want to see Tommy even if it is in a "fog". Anyone would want to see their child even if they can't touch them. I know that Tommy loved you (and Skip too). I hope you are keeping your poems because one day you might have a book of poems published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful expression of the longing of a Mom to see her loving son, Granny Gee. Sending you a hug from India. ♥

    ReplyDelete