Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Blue Moon and Happy Colors For Jimmy...


Blue Moon and Happy Colors For Jimmy...

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

Yesterday Skip and I were driving on the interstate.  We were watching the beautiful cloud formations.  I don't know if I told you... but, I am a cloud-lover.  I love to watch clouds when they are active in the sky.

I love the wonderful shapes they shift to become... I get lost in daydreaming while watching them.  Yesterday, I saw a big 'teddy bear' in the clouds.  I, also... saw a giant doughnut, a cave that one could enter through to explore!

My mind imagined all kinds of possibilities while watching the clouds change, shift shapes.  It was wonderful.... I even looked for Lena and Tommy 'peeping down at me from their clouds'.

Johan, I will never-ever forget you saying that your mother, Lena..... is probably 'looking down from her cloud' at me.  You'll never know how special I thought that was... when you said that. Also, you and Sara are special in my mind... always.  I send my love to Sweden to you both, and your family... also, to Barcelona, Spain.  :))) and in England.

My cellphone began ringing.... actually 'happy' music began to play.  :)))  It was my cousin, Linda, in Oregon.  She wanted to tell me that 'Jimmy arrived today'.... that 'he was sitting on the seat in the car'.  She would be taking him home in just a short while.

I have to say that I was so thankful that 'Jimmy got there safely through the mail'.  His ashes were intact... they were in a strong heavy-duty plastic bag, inside a sturdy box... placed inside the Priority Mail box.  If you ever have occasion to 'send a loved one's ashes by mail'... you have to be certain the ashes are in a sturdy 'container'.

Jimmy made it, his ashes are where they belong now.  My heart feels good... it's meant to be.  I kept my promise, now... I can 'let go'.  I sent Jimmy on his last trip... one that would have made him laugh, made his eyes twinkle.

He would have loved knowing he traveled to somewhere familiar, but... in the most 'different way.... different form'.  He would have loved knowing that it was in a meaningful way, that he was cared about, loved.

Jimmy would have been comforted if he'd known in life that he would be 'going home to mama'... to be placed with her in a special box made just for her...  they both will be placed in that box, their ashes together.

My cousin, Linda, told me about the special box, the wood and brass fixtures, how her nephew made it especially for their mother... how she loved that box.  It meant alot to her, she used it for her special things.  Now... it will be hers, and Jimmy's special place to be ... placed beneath a beautiful tree, in a most special place.

I will write about that when it happens this weekend.  Do you know what else will be special about the timing for this event?  My cousin, Linda, told me that this weekend... it'll be a 'Blue Moon'.

A Blue Moon is the second full moon in a month, for it to occur there has to be a full moon at the beginning of a month.... both have to happen in the same month.  I read that the average span between two moons is ...'29.5 days'.  On August 31, 2012... there will be a 'Blue Moon'... it's the second full moon in this month.

If you knew Jimmy, you would know how he would have appreciated this, I can hear him say .... 'once in a blue moon'.  Yes, this would have meant alot to him.... it would have been special to him, too.

Not only that... Jimmy wanted to be in my colorful art room... now, it'll be a 'blue moon'... when he is placed in his final resting place.

His mother was a colorful person... remember how beautiful I said she was 'in her day'....... with her skirts, blouses of 'happy colors', her sandals that had little decorations on them that made 'happy sounds'?  There 'won't be a lack of colors' ... he will still be around 'happy colors'.

Blue moon... happy colors...  unusual trip one 'can't just take' like he did... Oregon... so far, I can 'see Jimmy smiling'.  Jimmy was like me in the respect he loved the unusual, odd things in life... this would be 'perfect' to him.

All has meaning... he isn't forgotten.  We all cared to make it 'come together'.  All of this is 'just perfect'... it would have touched Jimmy's heart... in my mind... I can 'see' tears in his eyes from the emotion he would feel.  He would have been so touched... his heart would have been touched to his... soul.

I 'know that this touches my heart... to the soul'.

1 comment:

  1. I know Jimmy is a happy fellow now! It is special when one can be where he/she wants to be in their final resting place. You are right! I can just see Jimmy's smile now! I always saw him smiling. He is where he wanted to be and that is what counts. You did your part--as always you did what you said you would do. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete