Saturday, September 8, 2012

Good Morning, Everyone...


Good Morning, Everyone...

By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

Today Skip and I are going to spend the day together, and I'm soon to be in the shower, getting ready to go.  We are going on a short trip to be back later today!  I'm always excited to spend time with Skip.

I don't have time to sit here to write this as I normally do, but... I didn't get to write yesterday... so, I don't want to go two days without writing.  You all mean so much to me... I want to stay in touch with you everyday.

I will tell you yesterday that I met up with someone in my family in the most unlikely place... Subway.  I spent several hours talking... this person carries scars just as I do... but, no one can see them.  Like I do... 'they' keep them hidden.

I don't say 'their' name because I sense 'not to'.  I respect that.  I won't even let anyone else in the family know who it is, if asked.  It has to be like that... we all have known too much pain that's affected our life.

I don't ever sit long with anyone to talk... this was different.  This person I care about alot... I've watched the struggle to overcome many, many obstacles path in 'their' path...

I have watched this person succeed... all the while smiling inside when I see, hear of what 'they' accomplish.  I 'know' some of the horrors of life 'they' have suffered.  I'm so proud of 'them'.

I hear the alarm clock going off in the bedroom.  I am going to have to get in my happy shower... you know how I love them.  It's like instant sunshine with lots of happy bubbles... I close my eyes and it's like being in a meadow of wildflowers!  Beautiful, perfumed air from wonderful smelling soaps!  :)))

I wanted to say hello and happy day before I get ready!  The alarm clock is still going off... Skip isn't awake yet!  :)))  I heard a Pup protest by making a little sound like 'why aren't you turning that clock off?'

Happy day!  I look forward to talking to you all tonight!  Love, Granny Gee  :)))

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have such a nice day riding with Skip! Ya'll will have so much fun. It will be nice to "get away" for a day. Be safe and I am sure others (as well as myself) will look forward to hearing about your trip today! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Granny Gee, thank you for your lovely note on Twitter. Please tell Chadwick that Gordon Labradoodle says "hi!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I told Chadwick that Gordon Labradoodle said 'hi'! He said 'hi' back! :)))

    ReplyDelete